New soon to be P95 owner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tkarter

Single-Sixer
After a lot of boxes of WWB. Always 101 the count.

If someone gets 102 I am going to have to go to a different wally world.

LOL

tk

NC-P95

Bearcat
tkarter":1o512y4c said:
After a lot of boxes of WWB. Always 101 the count.

If someone gets 102 I am going to have to go to a different wally world.

LOL

tk

Counted both of mine last night after reading these posts, and both boxes had 100 exactly... no extras for me.. :cry:

I'm sure I didn't miscount, I put them out on the table in small piles of 10...

Joker

Bearcat
Got my P95 in a couple of days ago. Also got a box of Federal 147gr HP for it. :) I like it but the wife doesn't. Think I will have to get her a small 38 rev. She has trouble pulling the slide back and says it's to big for her hands. I have looked at a few and most are pretty costly. Have any of you used a Rossi or would I be better off looking at used guns? When it gets a bit warmer here I will be going to the range and I'll let you all know how the P95 does. Thanks

MTHanded

Bearcat
I've been looking at the P95 as well and don't know the difference between the DC, PR15, etc. Also, will any of the mags fit the same gun? I see guns from California with a 10 round mag and want to know if they're limited to that by design. Thanks in advance.

MT

NC-P95

Bearcat
MTHanded":9dmmyr84 said:
I've been looking at the P95 as well and don't know the difference between the DC, PR15, etc. Also, will any of the mags fit the same gun? I see guns from California with a 10 round mag and want to know if they're limited to that by design. Thanks in advance.

MT

The DC is the Decocker model...doesn't have a manual safety, only a decock lever on each side... Some people call this the "carry gun"...

The PR designation is "picatinny rail"...meaning that this model has a rail for accessories. Some of the earlier P95's didn't have the picatinny rail.

The "15" part of "PR15" is the magazine capacity. The 10 round guns are only because of the magazine...not a limitation on the pistol itself... You can put 15 round magazines all models of the P95...

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Carry guns because you have no safety. The heavy DA trigger is safety enough.

Any Ruger P series can be carried safety off and be safe.

tk

NC-P95

Bearcat
tkarter":1trajzqy said:
Carry guns because you have no safety. The heavy DA trigger is safety enough.

Any Ruger P series can be carried safety off and be safe.

tk

If you should carry it with the safety off, and drop it on the hammer, does it pose a risk of going off?

tkarter

Single-Sixer
No is what I am going to say as long as the hammer isn't cocked when you drop it.

tk

NC-P95

Bearcat
tkarter":20hwt0lo said:
No is what I am going to say as long as the hammer isn't cocked when you drop it.

tk

Good deal... No way that I'd carry a DC model with the hammer cocked...and it's impossible, as far as I know, to carry a 'safety model' with the hammer cocked with the safety on... So I should be good.. 8)

tkarter

Single-Sixer
Yes you will be good to go.

The deal with the safety models there is always a chance if you carry with the safety off it will get back on during it holster time.

Slowing the draw and shoot process especially if you haven't practiced clicking the safety.

Personally the only handgun I want a safety on is one designed to be carried cocked and locked.

DA/SA guns don't need a safety any more the the striker DA models.

imho of course.

tk

dacaur

Single-Sixer
I agree. I have the manual safety model for home defence. i wish now that I had gotten the decocker, since I always have the safety off anyway, and in a time of emergency I wish i didn't have to worry about verifying the safety is off....

RugerDW88

Bearcat
my p95 is a dc model. havent carried it yet but i dont feel that it is less safe. happy with it for sure

Latest posts