New Ruger LCR in .357 mag!!!!!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I was just going to post that too. Wow! Hard to imagine. Can this little gun hold up to that? It is a bit heavier (17.1 oz). Oh, just noticed that this is a steel frame LCR.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Understand that the .357 has a stainless steel frame instead of the aluminum one on the .38 LCR, so it should take the forces/pressures.

Bet it isn't exactly a "please" to shoot, weighing only @3.6 ounces more than the regular LCR (26% of not much). If you're using full power .357 loads this may be downright painful, guess will have to wait to hear from people who buy and shoot this bad boy. Will be a great concealed carry gun, jut thinking not a fun shooter... :lol:

Greg F.

Single-Sixer
I traded my 3" SP101 for a 3" GP100 because 357mag was too uncomfortable for me to shoot in the SP. I can't imagine how painful it would be to shoot full power 357 thru a 17oz snubbie. I definitely won't be buying one.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
You know that sooner or later someone is going to try one of those Buffalo Bore super 357 magnums in the LCR. Wouldn't be a pretty sight.

I have the original 38 special version... that's enough for me in a revolver this light.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Cordite":jho0wf40 said:
I have the original 38 special version... that's enough for me in a revolver this light.
Heck, it's enough for me in my S&W model 60 (the .357 version). But whatever floats your boat!

-- Sam

doublebarrel

Single-Sixer
Might have to get one for my wife then let her shoot .38 special in it.She likes my LCR but not the recoil.Being heavier might make enough differance in recoil for her.If not then I guess I would be stuck with a new gun. :)

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Correct me if I'm wrong (like I have to ask), but isn't this about 5 ounces heavier than some of the 357 S&W J frames? I won't be buying it to shoot 357s in on any regular basis. I just like to have the option.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I just looked it up. Model 340PD is 11.4 ounces! Supposedly the LCR design absorbs recoil better than the J-frame. So in a 17.1 oz LCR, how bad can it be? 8)

Glupy

Blackhawk
Kuna, Idaho - a sparkling jewel in a park-like set
SteelShooter":3vn7s8fn said:
Understand that the .357 has a stainless steel frame instead of the aluminum one on the .38 LCR, so it should take the forces/pressures.

I originally wrote
"I'll bet that it is only the cylinder that is stainless steel. At only 17 ozs, the frame is probably still polymer."

I reread Ruger's notice and see that I was wrong. It is a steel frame.

Dave

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Glupy":2dqqmqgg said:
SteelShooter":2dqqmqgg said:

I'll bet that it is only the cylinder that is stainless steel. At only 17 ozs, the frame is probably still polymer.

Dave

The original LCR had a stainless cylinder, polymer gripframe and an aluminum cylinder frame. On the 357LCR both cylinder frame and cylinder are stainless and the gripframe is still polymer.

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
Cordite":2bmhrfv8 said:
You know that sooner or later someone is going to try one of those Buffalo Bore super 357 magnums in the LCR. Wouldn't be a pretty sight.

I have already fired a bunch of Buffalo Bore 357 through one. Look here for a video showing recoil:
http://www.gunblast.com/NewRugers.htm

Jeff Quinn

kristop64089

Bearcat
Let me get this straight. Ruger conspires with Federal, and creates the .327fm, Ruger creates the LCR(which I have), but they NEGELECT to put the new "wonder round" in the new "wonder gun".

What a waste. I was really hoping they'd utilize this frame, for that round. Oh well, there is always next year.

mattsbox99

Hunter
The .327 Federal is coming don't worry! If they toss them all on the market at the same time, you won't have money to buy them all at the same time.

kristop64089

Bearcat
Other than being a Ruger, this gun offer LITTLE over its S&W counterparts. If they'd let it rip, in 38, than .327, they would've cleaned house.

And LCR in .327 is the ULTIMATE CCW snubby.