New Ruger 10 / 22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

okim08

Bearcat
Just bought my first Ruger rifle ! Excited to get in a few days. Would you recommend buying a new weaver base to put a sight on? And, is the hogue stocks any good. Those are going to be the first after market parts, i'm planning on getting.

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
If it's a new 10/22 it will have a hybrid scope mount already in the package. It can be used either as a Weaver or a clamp on tip-off type mount. They work plenty well enough for my purposes. If used, you can find a scope mount most anywhere. I got one at Wal-Mart.

Just be careful to not overtighten the screws. The receiver is aluminum.

captainkirk

Blackhawk
I have one of the Hogue overmolded stocks on my 10-22, bought it to go with the .920 barrel. I would recommend it without reservation if that is the way you want to go. It does have a "tacky" feel to it that is non-slip even when wet. It will pick up bits of lint, but I have had it for 10 years or so with no problems.

Those 10-22s are easy to work on, but do respect the aluminum parts and don't overtighten as CajunBass mentioned and you'll be OK.

captainkirk

okim08

Bearcat
Thanks guys! Thanks for the tip on the hyrbid scope mount already installed! I was about to buy a new one.

hutchman

Blackhawk
Congrats on the 10/22, but be warned that once started, there is no cure for the sickness. And once you realize what this means.........it is too late!