New Ride Pt. II

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
Bought this truck a year ago with the idea of doing a leveling kit and wheels & tires shortly thereafter. As usual, life gets in the way and it took me a year to get around to it. Decided on a BDS 4" lift instead of a leveling kit to avoid potential alignment issues and also have the option of going to 37's later on. For now, we have 20x9" XD Badlands wheels and 35x12.5" Dick Cepek Fun Country tires. Along with aluminum diff covers and this is the first vehicle I have ever owned, from four wheelers and motorcycles to cars and trucks that the only exhaust mod it will ever get is a polished stainless tip. :D

Before:
IMG_7562b.jpg

After:
IMG_0569b.jpg

IMG_0570b.jpg

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Nice ride but I would need a step ladder to get in and out, my sons has the leveling kit and I can barely get in I'm not short just old.

I have to ask. You raise the trunk body 4" but the differential and the rest of the drive gear is still the same original height from the ground. What have you accomplished?

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
Fox Mike said:
I have to ask. You raise the trunk body 4" but the differential and the rest of the drive gear is still the same original height from the ground. What have you accomplished?

He can clear bigger tires without them rubbing/has more room for articulation if he does have to go through a rut or ditch/ plus it just looks better!

CraigC

Hawkeye
Thanks folks!

Fox Mike said:
Minimum ground clearance is gained by adding larger tires, which usually requires a suspension lift. In this case, ground clearance is irrelevant. What was accomplished was getting the truck exactly how I wanted it. As I have no plans to thrash a brand new $80,000 truck off road.