New revolver from Ruger......The Switcheroo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Interesting...MSRP $1619.07, wow, that's steep. As described it has a place for the individual that wants/needs to carry both a 357 and a 22 but only wants to carry one gun. Could just be a gadget or it might find a niche in the market somewhere but I think I'd rather buy three guns for the price of that one/two gun(s).

48flyer

Single-Sixer
Seems well worth the money. I would imagine that actual pricing will be approximately 50% higher based on released testing numbers.

"Over the chronograph, all factory ammo achieved 50% greater velocity than rated, thanks to another newly introduced Ruger feature, Bore Self-Actualization. The rifling is a regressive R+ type, with planner flats and radial scrugs. At mid barrel, just when the bullet thinks it is settled in, the rifling reverses direction, causes the bullet to pause, reflect and shake off its complacency before taking off like a coyote that sat on an ant hill. Hence the big time boost in velocity."

Srb08

Single-Sixer
Great design, they just need to make it out of something lighter than depleted Uranium.
At 16+ lbs it's a little heavy for holster carry.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
I have lots better things to do than set at a keyboard making up stuff like that. It took some time to set up an obvious hoax. At least it could have had a shotgun barrel
In the center like the French did on the LeMatt sp.?. Helium filled ammo to lighten it up and styrofoam bullets would help too.

I like the phrase "Ruger Director of Engineering and Macro Aggression John McClane". Maybe they should have named it the "Die Hard" although I doubt McClane would use a .22lr. :)