New member, questions on security six grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

b737

Bearcat
Getting a used SS Security Six, it has Hogue monogrips, which I do not like.
Recommendations on smaller, finger style grips.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Uncle Mikes may still make rubber FG grips for the later models. Nothing AFAIK for the orig. grip frame (flat back).
Lots of used grips out there, and here in the classified (if you can get the search feature to work).

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
+1 on the Sile grips. Specifically, they are the CDNN "SILRSBP".
They cost $6.99 each and seem to fill my hand just right.
They are not suitable for concealed purposes, and I did not intend to conceal carry my Security sixes or Services sixes anyway.

I bought several and one set was defective. Some of the grip screws are a little rusty, but I think the grips were a super deal.

Flatbush

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
One more thing. I had to go into the CDNN website and search for the security six grips- then they and a lot of other grips will appear for sale.

I think a lot of CDNN stuff no longer appears in their paper and on-line catalogue but is still for sale when you search for it in the manner I described.
A lot of really cool grip-related stuff at some super prices.

exlogger

Single-Sixer
I like the sile grips that CDNN has, her is a link
http://www.cdnnsports.com/gun-parts.htm ... mit=60&p=2

Thanks, the Sile grip looks like what I was looking for.

They are my favorite grips. Towards the end of their production the Sixes came with Sile rubber grips. I have them with the Ruger Logo and without, they are the same ones from CDNN Sports.

Here is a side by side of the factory rubber grips (Sile) and the compact wood. They also came with a target style wood grips that were bigger.

100_3006_zps2ad5694c.jpg

exlogger

Single-Sixer
Yep, I have factory "target style" grips on my 4" Security Six and a set of the Sile offering on my 6" (got both sets from an auction site):

Impressive gb6491!! Don't recall ever seeing a finer pair of Security Sixes!!

Latest posts