New member, longtime Ruger owner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Oldmacguy

Bearcat
Hello from SW Illinois. I am relatively new to this forum, but I have owned Rugers for years. The first one I bought was a Ruger Mark I Target model .22 pistol, in about 1970, I think. A couple of years later, I bought a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt. I still have that gun nearly 50 years later, although I haven't fired it a lot lately. As you may imagine, it is my all-time favorite. Unconverted, of course.

I also have a few other Rugers, maybe eight or nine. Good guns. I'm glad I found this forum.

welcome to the Forum from here in NE Ohio...saw the name and thought of our friend Dan whose property we hunted for almost 20 years, and we call3ed him "old mac"..still have about 3 of the last of the old model 45s and yessir they are 50 years old now.....and welcome aboard.......:cool:;)

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
Hello from SW Illinois. I am relatively new to this forum, but I have owned Rugers for years. The first one I bought was a Ruger Mark I Target model .22 pistol, in about 1970, I think. A couple of years later, I bought a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt. I still have that gun nearly 50 years later, although I haven't fired it a lot lately. As you may imagine, it is my all-time favorite. Unconverted, of course.

I also have a few other Rugers, maybe eight or nine. Good guns. I'm glad I found this forum.
I would love to see a pic of you Ruger .45 Blackhawk. I also own a Ruger .45 Blackhawk SS, a convertible from Lipseys which allows me to shoot both .45LC and .45ACP with a cylinder swap.

Y2K

Bearcat

Welcome.

I recently joined this forum but also go back aways with Ruger.

I have passed on to the next caretakers a Hawkeye .270, SS SBH Hunter 41 mag, 2 Vaquero's 45LC and a MK IV Hunter with extras which is for sale.

Still have and will keep a Bob Valade engraved/ gold plated Vaquero and a new, mint 10-22 w Mannlicher stock.