New GP-100 revolvers in 327

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
Just received a long e-mail on new products. #1748, a 4.2" SS full lug GP-100, #1764, a 6" GP-100 full lug SS, both in 327 Federal and both 7 shot. Bob!! :mrgreen:

Dobe

Bearcat
I just picked it up a few minutes ago. The DA is a bit heavy as expected, but smooth. The SA doesn't feel more than 5 lbs., don't have a gauge. There is very little over travel, which is nice. The grips feel great in the hand, and it's a great looking revolver. The grips are darker than they appear in the photos.

39506383871_4abfe444dc_b.jpg

39475991192_54e77a5772_b.jpg

howl

Bearcat
Dropping prices don't matter. We weren't going to sell them anyhow. And it was a little silly carrying a $1200 gun around for defensive purposes.

The question is, are these new ones as nice as the old? The first run .327 GP100s were done exceptionally well for a Ruger.

32magfan

Blackhawk
My two 4" original GP's weren't going anywhere but another one followed me home today. I got one of the blued .327 5" guns like Dobe's.

This is my first blued DA Ruger revolver as all the others are SS. I don't count the LCR as being blued (black polymer??) :roll:

I am in accumulation mode anyway. I may sell off a few things as needs arise but not many .32's or 327 guns are on that agenda. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see how it shoots...

32Magfan

djw54

Single-Sixer
biglmbass said:
dixie884 said:
It's listed under single seven bisley.

I've been all over the Ruger site and have even used their search function for bisley. No dice. Got a link?

There have been several models talked about on here. You originally asked about the Blackhawk, and got an answer about the Bisley Single Seven. There is no new Blackhawk, yet, but there is a Lipsey's exclusive Blue Bisley Single Seven. Not on Ruger's site as of right now, that I could find.

It's here on Lipsey's site: http://lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUSSMRB5327

Hope that helps.

biglmbass

Bearcat
Yes, the new Bisley Single Seven I'm aware of. New from Lipsey's. Looks great & I personally think 5 1/2" barrel Bisley's are mighty nice.

Chalk it up to miscommunication, but yes, I did in fact ask about a Ruger Blackhawk. Ruger would have my full attention if they were to offer a Blackhawk Bisley in .327. That would be an exciting new model.

djw54

Single-Sixer
GLASSMAN said:
I'd love to get a GP in 327. Between all the Single actions and now the SP's, I'm out of funds for a while.
Perhaps time to cull the herd.

That's just crazy talk!