New 1911 and Ruger Customer Service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
My nephew just got a new 1911 and really likes the gun (so do I). It came with 2 7 rd magazines, but the pamphlet in the box as well as the parts diagram indicates it should have one 7 rd mag and one 8 rd mag. He called Ruger hoping for an easy swap, but was told the material in the box was wrong and should've contained an insert stating that fact. So they sent him the insert.

Well, the insert doesn't say anything about the number of mags, so he called Ruger again. He talked with one customer rep and then a supervisor who told him the gun comes only with 7 rd mags. He got no further explanation between that statement and the literature in the box.

I've really never heard anything but good about Ruger's customer service, and my own limited experience has been good.

Anyone have any light to shed on this or thoughts about a next step? Or should he just forget about it?
Thanks.

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
Full size SR 1911 comes with 8 & 7 round mags. SR1911 CMD comes with two 7 round mags. Which pistol does your Nephew have ?

w5lx

Single-Sixer
I'd rather have the 7 round mags because they have been more reliable than the 8 round mags in my experience. Loading the 8 round mags with only 7 rounds seems to alleviate those problems.

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
Ordguy said:
Full size SR 1911 comes with 8 & 7 round mags. SR1911 CMD comes with two 7 round mags. Which pistol does your Nephew have ?
He has the Commander. I think you answered my question. Thanks.

modrifle3

Buckeye
The 8 round mags are better in my experience. My sr ran on every bullet type fmj jhp lswc with no issues. Jhp would jam using the 7 rd mags.