My Single Six in 327 Special!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
What with all the talk about the 327 Magnum and how some folks would prefer that it have been built on the Single Six frame rather than the Blackhawk frame, I thought I'd show a pic of my Single Six in 327 Special. :D It was made in 1989 and has a 6-1/2" barrel.

Sure, it's not a 327 Magnum, but it can handle loads over 20K psi and push rounds well beyond 1000 fps. It's all I need in a plinking revolver.

Great thing about it is that it shoots not only 327 Specials, but also the old 327 Special Specials and the even older 327 Special Special Specials. :wink:

SingleSix32HRMagleftside.jpg

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Huh?

Forgive me for asking - perhaps you're talking satirically/humourously.

But the .32 Mag has been around since the 1980s. The .327 Mag is relatively new.

In effect, I suppose the .32 H&R Mag could be considered a ".327 Special."

But I've not heard of an actual (nor wildcat) .327 Special.

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
UnderDawgAl":2g0o1x0s said:
Great thing about it is that it shoots not only 327 Specials, but also the old 327 Special Specials and the even older 327 Special Special Specials. :wink:

Don't worry UDA, I get it.

Nice shooter. I wish I had one.

Unc.

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
Unconverted--thanks! Keep your eyes peeled. You're bound to find one soon.

Varminter22--you're spot on with the humor comment. It's a 32 H&R Magnum.

Lo-Bo

Bearcat
"Every" knows a single six frame isn't large enough for the .327. At least that story Ruger tells. Nice guns who did the conversions for yous guys?

2 dogs

Buckeye
Papa, I dont remember seeing that one before. Very nicely done!

Here is my Harton 327 Federal. I run a LBT 118 gc out of this gun at 1550 fps with excellent accuracy. Recoil is nonexistant. Its my absolute favorite.
327-1.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Papa":1orc0tm2 said:
This used to be a 327 Special Vaquero

Now it's a special 327 Bisley Vaquero :D

More like a Bisley Blackhawk, eh?

Looks good! My "Specials" are kinda "plain jane" but shoot really well. Here's two of the three....

357573210.jpg

The "third" one is still a "project" gun. It shoots really well, but the steel XR-3 isn't properly fitted and the previous owner's abuse "tracks" aren't erased......

flatgate

Papa

Bearcat
Harton, Gallagher, Bowen, and bone stock Ruger. Seems you can't go wrong with a 32 in any flavor!! :D :D

I haven't got to play with mine much, but am taking it out tomorrow. I took a deer with the factory ammo when it first came out and I had Hamilton chamber both of my Buckeye's 32 H&R cylinder for the 327. I don't know why, but this is the most fun I've had reloading for any caliber. From my 32 Colt pocket to the 32 Mag Bulldog and the 327. They're all a blast! :D

Latest posts