My rendition of the Sloan/200AW

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
I haven't posted any leather pics as of late but have been steadily shipping work. I've always had interest in this pattern after reading Seyfried's articles about it and finally decided to give it a try. It's a pattern originally designed by FBI agent Hank Sloan and most popularly offered by Milt Sparks. I've eliminated the adjustable welt in favor of a fixed welt and a half. I need to make some design adjustments, such as moving the location of the tension screw and redesigning the belt loop to accommodate it. I think it turned out rather well. Color is a medium antique brown. One of the things different about this one is that I stamped it out without doing a borderline. Except for the straight line down the fold, it's completely freehanded. I'm going to do another next week with some other new twists.

IMG_5518b.jpg

IMG_5527b.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
Very nice!
Rob made one for me, and i have one from Baranti too i picked up second hand. It has become one of my favorite designs.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Yep! Probably could do one for just about anything for which I own a gun (or something close enough) to do a pattern and fitting.

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
Everything you post always looks like great quality and I enjoy seeing you picture posts. Howz about posting up another picture and let us take a gander at your single action?

GA Cracker

Blackhawk
Thanks again CraigC! Don't you just love a Bisley? I do! You ALWAYS post quality.