My newest toy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I won this at a gun bash in the spring, took 2 1/2 months for the tax stamp (that's actually pretty quick now). I have some demo suppressors coming (I'm now authorized to handle NFA items) and I'll put one on this. It will be at the East Coast Gathering at Tyrones place.

SIG 516, 5.56, 7.5" bbl, piston driven. Will have a Silencerco Saker 556 or a Rugger Suppressor Surge 762 mounted. On the left front is the green laser I got at the ROCS OGCA banquet

gramps said:
Is that Sig full auto or semi? Nice gun. I am looking forward to playing with it. :)
gramps

It's a semi-auto, I don't have the money to own a full auto (although if I can get the Sheriffs office here to give me a letter asking for a demonstration of one in full auto, I could get one pretty cheap as compared to getting one owned by a private party...hmmm, need to think about that a while).

I did get the ATF authorization to bring it with me to NC so it will be there.

Kanook

Buckeye
Sadly, some fun guns since 1934 have had to have permission to leave the state with.

Some of those firearms need permission just to move down the street. (as in address change)

coach said:
Since you own all legal and taxed, why did the ATF need to authorize taking it to NC?

If you own any National Firearms Act (NFA) guns (Short Barreled Rifles (SBR), Short Barreled Shotguns (SBS), and Full Automatic firearms (Machine Guns or MG's) you have to have permission to take them across state lines and if you move, you have do an address change with the NFA section of the ATF (so they know where these guns are). Suppressors are a bit different, you don't have to get permission to take them out of state but you do have to do a change of address if you change your residence. As stated it is this way due to the law mandated in 1934. Like most all gun laws, this affects the law abiding, not the criminals.