My estate planning solution

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I have decided that I should take care of some of my estate (hahaha.....) for when the time comes.
I'm not yet 60,and in good health... But I do think of what will become of , "my stuff"... Mostly guns you see, and my land...
My family is not a good choice. They already have tons of stuff, and their interests are much different than mine. Nieces and nephews??.... naw....... one of those family stories ya know.....
I have a very good friend here who has a son that turned out very well, and who's offspring hold real promise. So I discussed with my friend the thought of his son become the executor, of my esteate... again.. (hahaha..._)
They discussed it as a family, and have agreed. I feel much better knowing that my guns ,and few real personal items will be taken care of.. just in case. My parents guns especially,and of course my teddy bears..... (you just watch it!!)
When I move on to greener pastures soon (I mean.. move north!! don't be so morbid!!)..., I will take only what I need in firearms and leave everything else...
I'll take 4-5 guns.... no more than seven, or possibly eight, or ten..... But definitely not all of them, or even most of them, and I'm fer sure not taking more than 25......
I better give my friend a call and tell him to hold of on buying that new safe!!!..... :shock:

Seriously tho... While I plan on going the full 120 years, I feel better knowing that my guns will be respected and cared for and used, by people who appreciate them... Much better than family fighting over them just to pawn them off..
I am going to direct them to sell or auction off the guns that aren't as special, and donate to what ever organization... The land they can keep. I suppose the snowmobiles and ATV's won't really be viable by then....
Of course, assuming that any of this will be allowed by then. Depending on how things go, ol reuben, has made plans to just...... fade away..... :wink:

GLASSMAN

Blackhawk
If I go first my wife threatens to call in the dumpsters.
Besides guns, I have a lot of STUFF, mostly MG cars and parts and tools, tools and more tools.
I gotta figure all that out........

Poco Oso

Buckeye
GLASSMAN said:
If I go first my wife threatens to call in the dumpsters.
Besides guns, I have a lot of STUFF, mostly MG cars and parts and tools, tools and more tools.
I gotta figure all that out........

My ex-wife saved me from the need for planning my "estate" redistribution.

Latest posts