My Blackhawks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WarKingDread

Bearcat
Here's my new Old Model and New Model Blackhawks.

Just found the OM which is a bit worn but it is unmodified and as of this afternoon I know it's a good shooter. I paid $325.00 for the old girl.

Both are 357s and the NM also has a 9mm cylinder.

IMG_0317_zpsptfomqr1.jpg

COWTOWNER

Single-Sixer
It appears that you might just be developing a case of Rugeritis. It is a very serious condition, that is treated by obtaining more Rugers. I've had the condition since early 1964. No cure!
Good looking pair of Blackhawks.

Thanks

Mike

WarKingDread

Bearcat
COWTOWNER said:
It appears that you might just be developing a case of Rugeritis. It is a very serious condition, that is treated by obtaining more Rugers. I've had the condition since early 1964. No cure!
Good looking pair of Blackhawks.

Thanks

Mike

I certainly have. I already have a SR 22 and a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308

IMG_1878_zpsnqkhntli.png

contender

Ruger Guru
I agree with cowtowner,, as I too have the affliction of Rugeritis. And I'll whip anybody who tries to invent a cure.
Oh,, if you think "Now I just need one more of each" I can attest it will not stop there.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
"I just need this one more gun", is what I tell my wife, that sends her into a snortin', sputterin', laughin' fit. It's a sickness alright. Enjoy.

WarKingDread

Bearcat
On that note. I see in the classifieds a 3 screw with a low 4 digit serial number that puts it manufactured in 1957 I believe. It also has what appear to be factory stag grips and the purplish tint on the frame.

It's gorgeous.

Price is $1,550 which seems high to me but I'm very new to this.

Thoughts?

contender

Ruger Guru
Well,,,,, a lot depends upon the model, the various features of that model, & in general,, the rarity of the gun. I haven't looked at the gun you mentioned,,, yet,,, but it could be a fair buy or not. Many factors at play here.

Ok, I found the gun in question.
A "Type 1" is very collectable. Add in the factory stags,,, adds to value. Then there is the condition. It's in very, very good shape.

To truly understand values of such rarer guns,,, I strongly suggest you subscribe to the Red Eagle News Exchange. chet15 a member here,,, is the publisher. His name is Chad. His RENE,, as well as his Ruger Reference Guide is an invaluable resource of info & can save you thousands of dollars,,, AND help you understand why some guns are rarer than others,,, while appearing the same.

WarKingDread

Bearcat
Thanks for the detailed reply. I'm looking for that site momentarily.

One thing ya left out. Does it seem like a good price?

contender

Ruger Guru
I don't think Chad has a website to where you can subscribe to the RENE. But,, send him a PM here to his Forum name,,,, chet15 ,,, and he'll get it. Be patient as he works too. But for $25 you get a quarterly newsletter, in plain B&W print, no pics, but full of up to date info. PLUS,,, new subscribers get the RENE Reference Guide. That alone is worth a WHOLE lot more than the measly $25.

Now, as to the value of the Flattop Type 1. A top condition Type 1 is valued at $1100 according to the RENE Price Guide, with the original plastic grips. A set of factory stags are worth $555 according to the Guide. So, the pricing of that package is fair. Oh, and the seller,,, WMG,,, is a long time member, and well respected. He's a very fair seller here. Good guns at fair prices.