My .45 Auto-.45 Colt Redhawk Ordeal is Over

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
Finally have my .45 Auto/.45 Colt....link to my ordeal if anyone is interested http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=237141

And now loaded with a moon clip full of 240gr HP, and the First Round I fired in it was a Squib :shock:
Not the sound you want to hear anytime you pull the trigger but for sure not the first.

The primer drove the 240gr bullet into the barrel about 1/2" just far enough to allow the cylinder to swing open, and for me to get a handful of unburnt powder.
First one I have ever had, hope it was my last. This was one of my .45 ACP reloads. Not sure what the deal was the rest went off without a hitch.

And I have a wooden dowel in my bag for such an occasion. When I first got into guns, the guy that got me into reloading gave it to me told me I would need it someday. I've been carrying it for 35 years first time I ever had to use it.

:D
Now on to more important things, like 1- I need a holster considering a Simply Rugged Chesty Puller System, I have an older harness, but would do all new if I go this route, & 2- a Better Set Grips.

Is anyone is making grips for the round butt Redhawks yet.

hittman

Staff member
RugerForMe said:
Is anyone is making grips for the round butt Redhawks yet.

I haven't seen any yet but you may try a Tyler T Grip in the interim.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The Hogue overmold grips for the Redhawk (square butt) should fit fine, as only some backstrap & corner material was removed from the original frame, correct?

If there is some wobble, try a bit of sculpted J-B Weld in the grip cavity, starting small from the corners outward. --Make sure the stuff cures a solid 24 hours before you mount the grips!