More on the SR40/SR9 v. SR9c trigger group

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Verndog

Blackhawk
That is definately one of my pet peeves. Someone without proper knowledge that represents a manufacturer of a product you payed for, that has BUGUS information, or worse yet lies.

Maybe somebody spoke out of turn or guessed or whatever, but this guy is reviewing a brand new product, that 1000's will read about...you better get it right.

I like the 9c trigger and most do, I dont know why they'd mess with it since they just went though that with the SR9. Oh well, didn't plan to get a 40 anyway.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Yes, there's nothing more frustrating than when the people on the sharp end of the stick (Customer Support) give out bad information.

I've never had a bad experience with Ruger (though obviously some have), but I've gotten very different levels of service and intelligence from other gun companies CS lines.

-- Sam

jhearne

Buckeye
Wow, didn't think they'd be that different myself, haven't gotten to see the .40 up close though. With the parts being that different, anyone wanting to put a Rocket or other Ghost part in there might want to wait, or be the guinea pig. I'd hold out for the Galloway parts myself.

Josh

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
He is right about the part information, trust me I know. And just for the record I've got a lot of time and knowledge about these pistols.
I've been talking to Robert and his Doc for about two weeks. Started out about the gritty trigger. I finally recieved my SR40 on Tuesday this week and out of habit, gasp, skimmed through the owners manual before tearing the gun down to check dimensions to see if my parts will work on them. Sure enough, in the manual is the list of parts and it lists those parts Doc talks about as different, just pointed it out to them, Ruger isn't hiding anything. They just have some people that don't have any clue what goes into their firearms doing email or phone contact. Some do but some don't kinda thing.
I recieved Robert's SR40 this afternoon and currently have it tore apart on my workbench. Well all I'm going to say now is... he got a dud. I'll have it fixed tomorrow and on the way back to him Monday. I'm really pleased with my SR40, it had a bit of gritty from the factory, cleaned it, polished it, and removed the mag disconnect and it's pretty decent. Put in one of the trigger kits and I'm biased but it's the Poo now!
The trigger kits and some of the other parts go on sale November 26 for those interested.
Josh I'll contact you shortly about the side by side photos of the pistols like we talked about.
Kscott you've got a pm.
martinj001 you do to, missed Caleb's call but left him a message.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Eric, PM'd ya back. I'm excited to check it out.

Martinj001, Caleb is a cool guy. He participated on our state gun forum while he was doing TopShot and always gave us a different perspective on the show. Seems like he'd be a cool guy to just sit around and chat with. Plus he's tearing it up with his SR9c!!

agentadam

Single-Sixer
Egalloway, I already have a Ghost 3.5 and polished parts in my v1.1 sr9. Would it be beneficial to add your 331 upgrade kit including the new style trigger bar? Is the firing pin safety really different now,and is anything else different like the connector housing?

martinj001

Single-Sixer
Egalloway, you have pm back. If you keep coming out with all these goodies I may need to buy an SR9 just to trick out and compete with so I can put all your parts in it! :D

kscott, agreed, Caleb does seem like a good, genuine guy. Definitely agree, its nice to see a "big name" out there shooting what we're carrying and reporting back about their experiences with it too.

Robert Farago

Bearcat
Keep in mind that Ruger's top PR folk and factory manager told me the triggers were identical.

I'l post a review of the re-jigged SR40 ASAP.

Tam 212

Single-Sixer
More:
http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/11/robert-farago/the-gun-doctor-dishes-the-dirt-on-the-ruger-sr40-literally/

boomer1

Single-Sixer
I put 200 rounds downrange through my new SR40 a couple of days ago. No problems, issues.... zilch.... Prior to the first range trip, I did strip the gun, cleaned and lubed it; that included the striker, chamber and assembly. I did not notice any trigger grittiness at the range. Actually, I thought the trigger action was quite similar to my SR9c. Perhaps the preventative maintenance helped me avoid the trigger issues?? I did read the Gun Doctor reviews previously mentioned when I was researching SR40 info. Darn.... I guess I will just have to take it the range again..... lol...

I am interested in more information about the Galloway Precision products when they are available.

I have to drop Steve Bedair an email about the availability of a stainless steel guide rod for the SR40. The existing hollow tube seems a little wimpy. It certainly looks simpler and is a different design than the guide rod assembly of my SR9c. I don't have access to a SR9 to compare the guide rod assemblies. I will note that the Ruger part numbers for the guide rod assemblies are different for each pistol model, VS02050-100 (SR9), VS02060-100 (SR9c), VS02040-100 (SR40).

Overall, I am quite pleased with my SR40.

boomer

(edited for spelling correction)

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
boomer check your email we've got you covered in stock, they come with a stainless and blacked retaining screw. The difference in part numbers is the spring rate of each pistol is different.
I've got Roberts pistol dailed in and will be returning it this coming week. Hopefully he will enjoy it and get a chance to review it soon.
My daughter was born this week and we are still adjusting to the new addition but everything is coming along nicely for us to start shipping on November 26, 2010.
We will be correcting the in stock of some of our products this Monday as we have had a setback on the supply side for some of our parts, but I'll update the site Monday.
Thanks,
Eric

Sal1950

Blackhawk
Eric, Congrats on the birth of your daughter!
Looking forward to getting a spring kit from you that will lower the trigger weight a bit on my SR9C, hope you can get over your initial problems soon.
Sal

boomer1

Single-Sixer
Egalloway said:
boomer check your email we've got you covered in stock, they come with a stainless and blacked retaining screw. The difference in part numbers is the spring rate of each pistol is different.
I've got Roberts pistol dailed in and will be returning it this coming week. Hopefully he will enjoy it and get a chance to review it soon.
My daughter was born this week and we are still adjusting to the new addition but everything is coming along nicely for us to start shipping on November 26, 2010.
We will be correcting the in stock of some of our products this Monday as we have had a setback on the supply side for some of our parts, but I'll update the site Monday.
Thanks,
Eric

Eric,

Got the PM, thanks.... sent you one back.

Congratulations on your new family addition!

Looking forward to hearing more about your product line.

Cheers,
boomer