Model question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

silo33

Bearcat
Purchased a M77 Hawkeye in .30-06 recently and I haven't been able to track down a model number. I can find the designation for it being a RSI, but they are described as being blued. This one is stainless. I like to keep as accurate records as possible on my inventory for insurance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Todd

chet15

Hawkeye
silo33 said:
Purchased a M77 Hawkeye in .30-06 recently and I haven't been able to track down a model number. I can find the designation for it being a RSI, but they are described as being blued. This one is stainless. I like to keep as accurate records as possible on my inventory for insurance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Todd

If it is an RSI it would have a full stock on it.
Such a model would be HKM77-RSI.
But I don't remember Ruger building one of those in .30-06 unless it was for Lipsey's.
I know Ruger never had a cataloged regular production RSI in stainless.
Chet15

Rocdoc

Buckeye
For sure Lipseys did a 30-06 K77RSI, I know because I wanted one until I learned they had a matt finish, not the brushed SS of almost all of the other K77RSIs, the mistake of 98 250 Savages in matt are acceptable, but for an entire run? How can Ruger make such a huge mistake? Still I think they sold well. I seem to remember griping about it at the time they hit the market.