Miwall ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

opos

Buckeye
I just shoot for fun....not a big time target shooter...don't shoot cowboy action..I just like to put holes in paper from time to time with some buddies...Don't have room or time to reload. I have a 44 specdial and a 45 long colt and of course the factory ammo is steep...I've heard conflicting comments about Miwall ammo and wondered if you have had experience with it...again, I'm a plinker....no ambitions for competitive type shooting at all...thanks
opos

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
The only Miwall ammo I have used is for the .41mag. It seems a little stouter than other brands, but has been accurate and reliable. The price is good and it is usually available at the gun shows.

I would reccomend it.

DM

rooger

Single-Sixer
I shoot Miwall .38 and .357 often and I've never had any problems with it. The price is hard to beat.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
I have a canister of about 500 rounds of .380 JRN Miwall ammo I bought at a Phoenix gun show a few years ago when .380 ammo was scarce & going for a premuim & I got it a good price (don't remember the cost).

It fires & cycles well so I have no complaints. I have chrony'd them at ~850 fps from my small DB .380 pistol & I don't know what powder they use, but I'd have to guess that its a fast burning one.

Only complaint I would have is that some of the people that man their booths are kind of shits & piss off a lot of customers.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
Ruger Packer said:
Never heard of Miwall. Anyone got a pic of a box??

I think that they just load new with brand name brass & don't put their name on anything & come loosely packaged with no brand name. Only identifier is the case head stamp and the ones I bought have the *I* which from what I can tell from research is Independence brass.

I believe they're out of a northern California location which is why you probably haven't heard of them. Think they just do gun shows in the western states.

rooger

Single-Sixer
Ruger Packer said:
Never heard of Miwall. Anyone got a pic of a box??

Here is Miwall website info: http://www.miwallcorp.com/index.php?route=common/home

and here is their phone number: Telephone: 530.273.1047

mattsbox99

Hunter
They come to our gun shows. I've bought some .45 ACP that worked as expected. They usually come loose in a plastic ammo can that is nicely resuable. They do box some stuff up in 50s that is cheaper than name brand stuff for acceptable performance.

They also sell name brand ammo and primers for pretty good prices.