Miroku 1892 Winchester

Help Support Ruger Forum:

doccash

Buckeye
This is not the first Miroku Winchester that I have bought and likely won't be the last. These are really great firearms. This one a deluxe takedown short rifle in .44-40 caliber. Shot a sub 2" group right out of the box at 50 yards with some ammo loaded for the Ruger Vaquero with cast bullets. :mrgreen: Dr.C

gunsbam69

Hunter
It's been a while, but I used to shoot a fair game on the green at one time. I believe I'd like to shoot a game or two on that table. It's always got a fine looking piece of iron on it every time I see it. That is a dang good looking rifle :D

I have one of these also but in .44 magnum. Few dents in the woodwork but still a very nice gun. I'm contemplating selling it. You may see it in the classifieds soon. :)

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I saw one of these in a shop a few years ago, but in 45 Colt. Same layout--short takedown model, with crescent butt.

It had Winchester 1892 on the barrel, and Miroku, Made in Japan, and also BACO (Browning Arms Company). I guess Browning owns Winchester now? They've contracted with Miroku for years to build some of their models, same as they did with FN in Belgium almost from the very beginning.

The bluing, wood, and every detail on it were beautiful. Would love to have bought it, but it was way too steep for my budget.

Someday I'll be in a situation where I can afford one...