Mini 30 Problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tortuga

Bearcat
Several times I've had the trigger guard pop loose or pop open when firing. Anyone else had this? Cause? When I compare the guard and the way it catches to my Mini 14 they appear the same...the bend, the angle, etc.

tortuga

Bearcat
rugerfreak":2b8cor5x said:
Sure you have it all seated up in there before you snap it shut?

Don't know about the first two times, but after that, yes. Snapped solid. Pull on it as hard as I can. Shoot some and evevtually it happens again. As I said, eyeballing the 14 and the 30, they look the same, but the 30 pops open.

welder

Buckeye
My first 30 did that. I had never heard of it before. I could never find the cause either. I traded it about a year later. I wished I had kept it and called Ruger. I bought it new. I later bought a second one and kept it for about 3 years and it never did it at all? They were both SSteel. I hope you find the cause.

tortuga

Bearcat
I called Ruger and, without saying so, I got the impression it wasn't the first time they've heard it....guess I'll send it back. Something must be worn because it just started the last few times I've used it, and I've had the gun for at least 10 years or so.