Mini 14 and Mini 30 Metal Stock Liner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dfletcher

Blackhawk
I see Numrich Arms lists different item numbers for the metal bracket (action) stock liner for the action of a Mini 14 and a Mini 30. What is the difference between the two, and considering that I've had no luck finding one for a Mini 30 - can a Mini 14 type be tweaked to fit a Mini 30?

dfletcher

Blackhawk
COSteve said:
The Mini-30's liner is slightly wider at the rear to account for the shape of the Mini-30's mag. To my knowledge, the forestock liner is the same for both. I've heard that some people have bought a Mini-14 stock with liners and had to carve out a bit of wood in the rear of the mag well and then tweak the rear of the liner, however, I've never done it myself.

I think you're right. I bought a Mini 30 with a custom stock, has a left side cheekpiece because I shoot lefty, and it is drop dead beautiful on the outside. Took photos, have to figure out how to post them. But they completely dropped the ball on the inside finish work. I've fortunately fiddled with enough M14s, M1As and Garands to know my way around the interior. Barely got the trigger assembly to seat, couldn't even seat a mag. Opened up the rear end a bit, worked the trigger guard seating and all is well.

dfletcher

Blackhawk
blume357 said:
I've got both if you (OP) really need some measurements I could do it next week.... but you might have to private message me to remind / ask me to do it.

Hi - thanks. I found a liner, dropped it in. DOes look a little wider at the rear. Maybe a bit upfront too.