Mauser c 96 carbine.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A very historic weapon. Is this a new one made up on pistol parts or an original carbine? Darned interesting in either case.

I believe Kaiser Bill used one of those as a hunting rifle. He needed a light weapon because one of his arms was shriveled as a birth defect (one of the secret taxes purebreds pay, I guess).

And we've all heard of Churchill's use of one of the pistol versions instead of the sabre he was supposed to use--I suppose if he'd only had a sabre, we would have heard no more from him after Omdurman. So a Mauser changed the course of history in the hands of one lowly Looey!

toysoldier

Hunter
That is one beautiful gun.

Churchill's use of the Mauser to shoot his way out when surrounded by "fuzzy-wuzzies", as well as its mechanical design, which uses no pins or screws (except the grip screw), are what influenced me to purchase a sorry-looking Bolo model when Century Arms was importing them. I had an FFL, and the gun cost me $100 at the time. I like it, and think Ruger could make a forward-magazine design for oversize pistol cartridges.

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
I think they all were pistols at 1 time.after ww1 they were not allowed to producing any guns but could alter what thy had. I think this was in ported by federal ordnance in the 50's.

BUT PLEASE if any one knows these guns story lets here it.I have not recherches it yet,I waited 10 years to get this 1. A old ww2 vet had died ,and i got it from the estate.It laid in wait for that long.I had seen , held and pictured it 5 years back when i had it here to test fire it. It runs perfect,but you have to put your thumb off to the side of the frame or she will bite you. Yes it got me 2 times. :oops:

street

Hunter
Every once in a while something great comes along!!! AND YOU FOUND IT! :shock: :shock: :lol:

toysoldier

Hunter
The carbines were made as such, not converted. They were finely-finished, and made for the civilian market. The military pistols were issued with a wooden holster that attached to the pistol grip and turned the pistol into a short-barrelled carbine. The thinking was that the pistol could be quickly drawn and used if surprised, but used as a more effective carbine when time permitted. Shoulder-stocked pistols were offered by other manufacturers, i.e. the Browning Hi-Power.

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
I never have just 1 of anything,but a woman.
But these carbine's are hard to find and at $850. i think i stole it.

thats not all but some of my pictures i built most of those.
The 1 is a Chiang hi ship yard 9mm presentation gun 1925 never fired.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

All very nice, Johnny! We had a couple of broomhandles thru the shop back before CA went totally nuts about such stuff, but I've never seen a carbine before.

Quick question: is all that leather vintage? And, if so, what do you use on it to get it looking so good?

Rick C

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
No i got them on ebay about 12 Yars age. I use a mix of gun oil wd40 and a few drops of this oil they use in a glass factory to coat the molds after they are polished so they dont rust..It is for the guns not the leather mostly.But i wipe everything in my gun room with the same mix. I know most people say wd is no good for guns but you keep wiping a old gun with my mix and it will 1 day look 100% better after a few 100 strokes but the blueing or rusty pitana will look vintage with no sanding or steel wool. I see this old guy at the sale every week wiping his guns off with oil+steel wool. I just want to smack him upside the head for that. I can''t watch some 1 do that.quicker but you are wiping the finish off. I take my time and wipe them off while watching TV or a movie.BUT NO WD ON GOLD INLAY,IT WILL REMOVE THE GOLD. YES i lerned that the hard way...On a browning invector slug gun.ouch!!