Mauser Bolo project.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
I have gotten a bolt with extractor and firing pin on the way from G/B.
The Chinese is a 1925 made in the Shani ship yards.
gun066.jpg

gun058.jpg

gun059.jpg

gun060.jpg

gun064.jpg

gun063.jpg

bub

Single-Sixer
VERY NICE guns, Johnny! Although I've never even held one, let alone shot one, those old Broomhandles fascinate me. I'd LOVE to be able to shoot one of the Schnellfeur (sp?) select-fire variants, just for fun! Make sure you post pics of the gun after you get the bolt!

Bub

M'BOGO

Buckeye
That is super cool. Hope there are no speed bumps with the new parts. Is that on the Mauser pattern with no screws, or more like the Spanish models?

Cool "Box Gun", Johnny! I have fired an Astra 911 (I think) Mauser-type machine pistol on full auto. Not controllable without the holster stock. First shot goes where you aimed it; rest go into stratosphere. Not easy to fire short bursts, either.

Many years after that experiment, I was told that the business of gangbangers "aiming" auto pistols "sideways" originally came from the Chinese' military method of keeping Mauser-type machine pistol bursts in the same county as the shooter.

According to my source, they taught holding the weapon sideways and letting the muzzle traverse "across" the target rather than having the muzzle rise up and above it. I have no idea if this works or if it is even the source of the stupid posture that television bad guys always seem to take with their "wondernines". Anybody know????

Axehandle

Buckeye
Everyone needs a Broomhandle to play with. I picked up this Bolo Mauser just to have it to show the kids what was going on before 1900.. Sits beside the Luger in the safe. :D
IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
I sold a truck load of those grips on line.Now i need a set.I found a set that my buddy had and put them on yesterday. Looks good now.You got a nice one there too. I have a ring somewhere here that would finish yours up.Ill have to look around for it.

Latest posts