Mark I Follower Button???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

huskerbob

Bearcat
Lost the follower button in my Mark I mag while at the range. Can anyone tell me if a Follower Button from a Mark II / III will work in my Mark I??? Ruger doesn't show the Mark I button as being available and the Mark II / III buttons have a different shape. I checked eBay also but had no luck.

Thanks!

Bob

Found some!!! If you're looking for them too, send me a PM and I'll tell you where they can be found.

contender

Ruger Guru
There have been different contours & sizes to the follower button since the beginning. BUT,, in general,, yes,, a MKII should be just fine. When the MKII came out,, it was advertised as the mags being interchangeable with the MKI.

huskerbob

Bearcat
contender said:
There have been different contours & sizes to the follower button since the beginning. BUT,, in general,, yes,, a MKII should be just fine. When the MKII came out,, it was advertised as the mags being interchangeable with the MKI.

Thanks! I'll give the II / III button a shot.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
Something to consider. The follower thumb button on the A 54 and A 100 grip frames has a smooth thumb piece that's ¼-inch in diameter. The "hump" stamped into the grip frame that allows the follower button to pass up and down through the inside radius of that hump accommodates that passage quite well.
Beginning with the Ruger Mark II magazines, the follower thumb button diameter used is around 0.3270-inch or so, and it still is on new magazines, so, the hump radius formed into the grip frame is bigger to accommodate that larger diameter follower button.
So, sometimes the larger follower button MIGHT work on the older grip frames, or, worst case scenario, it will slightly drag as ammunition is fed upward. But, the smaller diameter ¼ inch button works perfectly in ALL of the Ruger magazines, even the Mark IV style.

Latest posts