Major online news

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chief 101

Hunter
"He had a black long rifle with him. He had some words with the refuse workers, aimed the weapon at them and started firing," Police Sgt. William Watts told Pittsburgh's Action News 4. "The refuse workers hid behind the truck. No one was hit, there were no injuries but the truck was disabled due to the damage to the gunfire."
I copied this from the first line of a news story from a major news outlet online...not a lib rag...in their defense it may have been a quote from the sanitation workers...

I suspect articles posted in any mainstream news article, online or hard copy, come from the same demographic that writes scripts for streaming television shows on Netflix and Amazon. Viz. high school creative writing class for beginners.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Two things: First, most of the "professional" people in the media are soooooo far from
being professional that you tend to wonder if they went to school in the United States.
Their command of the English language is appalling, at best.

Second item is the lack of manners in the broadcasters. It is very common to see/hear
two or three or even four of them talking over the top of the others, obviously not listening.

Then add in the current push to make anything/everything to do with guns be either
really, really, really bad, or something to PANIC about.

At best, you can just shake your head and wonder if this will ever be corrected.

I mostly read the news on the internet, and don't bother with television news anymore. It's faster and easier to get several viewpoints from different sources. I see a lot of mistakes, and sometimes it makes me wonder if it's written by a person at all. I think a lot of the financial news is generated from a computer and just posted on the internet.

But with these examples above, I don't see what is so wrong. A long black rifle? or an AR-15? At least they didn't use the term "assault rifle." or "automatic rifle." (without the "semi" in front.)

Latest posts