Mag dump special (Binary Trigger) for 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3jMgidOVk

When I first looked at this, I'll admit I was smitten, because I have a Charger!

Then I started looking at the $$s involved.

Executive Summary:
~ $1K (if you have a Charger) PLUS
~ $$$s for a bucket load of .22lr PLUS
~ A bunch for 25 round mags
~ AND the exposure for the ATF to, with the stroke of its quill, render this an SBR
(presumes you set it up like plinkster did and not like Ruger has in its videos)
which exposes you to about $10K fine.

I suppose you could eliminate the HUGE costs of the conversion and put it in a
10/22 rifle (cut the cost to about $300 plus install - Gun Smith recommended) and
that would also take away the "AND" above, IF the ATF doesn't change definitions
again.

FUN concept!
Just a bit over my budget. :wink:

:D

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
This guy doesn't strike me as being the "brightest bulb" on the Christmas tree anyway. I would think that fold-away stock would dictate being an SBR anyway. No?
If you get your .22 rimfire for free, then I suppose it would be fun burning up other folks $$$, otherwise, for me, and my .22 rimfire ammunition, I'd rather sight my rifle in, and then find something for the "skillet and bacon grease".

gunzo

Hunter
SGW Gunsmith said:
This guy doesn't strike me as being the "brightest bulb" on the Christmas tree anyway. I would think that fold-away stock would dictate being an SBR anyway. No?

Ya might try looking it up. An answer from me or anyone else not the ATF is just words. Little more from them, but they do have the power & the whims to go along with it.

But do you really think Plinkster is dim enough to have, show & use an illegal firearm on one of the most popular shooting video series of our time? :wink:

I realize that my 10-22 cycles a bit slow when shooting sub-sonic ammo but I have on occasion, "out run" the reset (cycling of the bolt) with the OEM trigger. Hasn't happened with HV ammo but I haven't really tried too hard. Seems to me the rifle would have to be working really smooth to get much "mag dump" time.

Ale-8(1)

Hawkeye
Can't you just imagine all the knotted-up underwear at the BATFEIEIO as they watch that video?!?!

That's one of those things you hope your buddy buys so you get to play with it!

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
SGW Gunsmith said:
That is not a stock.
It is an arm brace and as of now , is legal on a pistol.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I was under the impression that the "binary triggers" got banned along with bump stocks. Or am I mistaken about that? :?

RSIno1

Hunter
Snake45 said:
I was under the impression that the "binary triggers" got banned along with bump stocks. Or am I mistaken about that? :?
Depends on state: From their website
Warning:
Not for civilian sales in CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, IA, MD, NJ, NY, RI, and WA
In Delaware may only be used in pistol platforms.

RSIno1

Hunter
Busterswoodshop said:
SGW Gunsmith said:
That is not a stock.
It is an arm brace and as of now , is legal on a pistol.
Per ATF if length of pull is under 13.5" it's a brace - nothing is said about folding.

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
It's NOT a stock, it's a "brace". Well, that's rich. Semantics that can go either way. Bump stocks were OK until the massacre in Las Vegas. Then they became "evil" to own.

Will be interesting as to which side of the line the "binary trigger" will eventually land on. What we can get by with today, could change with the next election.

I suppose we can hope that the likes of "Feinstein" or, any of her ilk, don't see "wonder boys" video.

mes9YkIt.png