Longmire:

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cooperhawk

Buckeye
Wife and I both love Longmire and a new season is just out on Netflix. :D Gotta pace ourselves or we would have watched the entire season in one night. :shock:

tinman

Buckeye
Just discovered it a couple of weeks back. Pretty good show, but they sure do seem to have a lot of murders in that tiny little town...... :roll:

Cooperhawk

Buckeye
tinman said:
Just discovered it a couple of weeks back. Pretty good show, but they sure do seem to have a lot of murders in that tiny little town...... :roll:

Actually he's the County Sheriff which covers a lot of square miles. Read all the books. Love em. :D

tinman

Buckeye
Cooperhawk said:
tinman said:

Actually he's the County Sheriff which covers a lot of square miles. Read all the books. Love em. :D

I understand the concept and I also understand that "action" equals bigger sales/viewers............but in that portion of the world area don't equal population.
This thread caused me to research the show. If you do the numbers, this fictional county has a homicide rate which is 75 times higher than the entire State of Wyoming. I also see the show frequently makes reference to a firearm being registered or not registered. Can anyone from Wyoming comment on that? Do ya'll "register" your guns?. :?:

warbird1975

Single-Sixer
No registration required, no permit necessary to carry open or concealed. Wyoming has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country. I also watch the show and have read all the books. The incorrect references to gun laws that both make is the only thing that bothers me.

6gun

Hunter
Cooperhawk said:
Wife and I both love Longmire and a new season is just out on Netflix. :D Gotta pace ourselves or we would have watched the entire season in one night. :shock:

:lol: Yeah been watching the latest season on Netflex also, just watches the one where thief's were stealing drugs from a warehouse, only have 3 or 4 left to watch. :(

I like "Hell on Wheels" also hope they net us have a new season of it soon.

Cooperhawk

Buckeye
tinman said:
I understand the concept and I also understand that "action" equals bigger sales/viewers............but in that portion of the world area don't equal population.
This thread caused me to research the show. If you do the numbers, this fictional county has a homicide rate which is 75 times higher than the entire State of Wyoming. I also see the show frequently makes reference to a firearm being registered or not registered. Can anyone from Wyoming comment on that? Do ya'll "register" your guns?. :?:

It's show biz, Try to live with it. Without murders there wouldn't any show you know.

xtratoy

Buckeye
Really like the show but sometimes it seems like Henry ( Lou Diamond Phillips ) is a little too much an Indian cliche. His speech mannerisms are a little stiff at times.

Cooperhawk

Buckeye
I could be wrong but I think it's only on Netflix now. No one else picked it up.

Cooperhawk

Buckeye
http://host.madison.com/entertainment/television/bingeworthy-longmire-and-mindy-find-new-life-on-streaming/article_402e171c-f174-590f-bed9-cb3fea1d000f.html

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Its a great show adaptation. The hero is stoic and easy to understand, while the supporting characters get complex and quite often aren't telling the truth at all. I do wish Phillips' character was more of a friend to Walt, since they've been friends since second grade?
The casting is some of the best I've seen in years.
- Here's Walt and his 1911A1 explaining why the department couldn't afford more uniform buttons...
800px-Longmire_0202_M1911_01.jpg

Don't spoil the plots!

6gun

Hunter
I don't like the new deputy in this season and think the show would be better without him.

Cracker-American

Blackhawk
I could not get to Cooperhawk's link because I refuse to respond to google's survey. I freaking hate google and their invasion of privacy and information gathering.

As for Longmire. My wife and I binge watched all the old episodes in anticipation of the Netflix series release. Going to be a sad day in our house when we get the all watched. On number nine now.

tinman

Buckeye
warbird1975 said:
No registration required, no permit necessary to carry open or concealed. Wyoming has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country. I also watch the show and have read all the books. The incorrect references to gun laws that both make is the only thing that bothers me.

Yeah, I kinda figured that they were exercising some artistic license on gun registration thing. There seems to be a need for a better technical adviser for the LEO related actions..........one example would be the need to work on their light discipline while approaching a scene.......yes it is a minor thing to most people, but its the minor things that make an ok story into a really great story. 8)

6gun

Hunter
Cracker-American said:
I could not get to Cooperhawk's link because I refuse to respond to google's survey. I freaking hate google and their invasion of privacy and information gathering.

As for Longmire. My wife and I binge watched all the old episodes in anticipation of the Netflix series release. Going to be a sad day in our house when we get the all watched. On number nine now.

I just have 33 and 34 left then that's it till we get a new season to watch.

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
"The incorrect references to gun laws that both make is the only thing that bothers me."

Yep and gun foul ups like "the 45 70 is rare" thing in season one.

Producers should hire some gun cranks to copy edit scripts, or head on down to the "Red Pony" have a beer and talk to some cowboys.

tinman

Buckeye
Ugly Hombre said:
"The incorrect references to gun laws that both make is the only thing that bothers me."

Yep and gun foul ups like "the 45 70 is rare" thing in season one.

Producers should hire some gun cranks to copy edit scripts, or head on down to the "Red Pony" have a beer and talk to some cowboys.

Gotta agree, the show has a great cast ... but if it is to thrive with folks such as are found in places like this forum, they really need to tighten a few things up.

Latest posts