Lightweight box!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

That's a pretty impressive price for a box - but sometimes things will surprise you! Years ago, I picked up a factory soft case for a Coonan .357 at a local pawn shop, for $14 IIRC (I was hoping to buy a Coonan at the time). When I figured out I was never going to need it, I put it on an online auction - it sold for about $300! Surprised the heck out of me (but thankfully helped balance out all the other stuff I was selling at a loss). Ended up, I took the money back to the pawn shop (owners were good people), and spent most of it there. Funny how things work out sometimes.

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

Last edited:

Johnnu2

Hunter
Could you imagine what your father would say if he knew you paid that kind of money for a cardboard box... (?)
But, now that I think of it, I saw on TV that some women pay $4000+ for a pocketbook... I must be getting old and stingier than ever.
:eek:

Imagine how many new ones were just thrown out or used to start a fire.

I've got a couple of boxes that might be even harder to find - but they are for inexpensive guns that nobody collects (Kel-Tec P40s), so the value is likely close to zero. If I die before the missus, she might be better off starting a fire with 'em, than trying to sell 'em! In the meantime, they're not taking up much space or hurting anyone, so I guess they can stay right where they're at.

As always FWIW, IMHO, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

Last edited:

Johnnu2

Hunter
It's getting there........
Not too long now...........
It's still cardboard to me, but great fun to watch people "auction".

J.

twriggen

Single-Sixer
I thought long and hard about it. I need another nice black wreath and it was really hard to sit on the sidelines and let it go. I really need the green wreath version, so I had to sit on my hands. A different day and I'd have been all over it.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
As I recall, I think my last purchase was in the 1500 arena..........and inflation has occurred, some say........Our baseline for the subject box is two fold: 1. super condition and second, it is NEARLY 70 YEARS OLD........JMO as usual. Splitz