Life can be just ducky...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Sometimes you get lucky...

Even here in my neighborhood, an 87 deg F day on Nov. 10 is not quite right, so I headed up the hill to about 5500' to see if it was a little cooler at one of my favorite tiny lakes. Since Fall trout are sometimes out and about, I took fishing gear and a camera. I didn't know if the trout were already parboiled or not, but they weren't biting. However, there are a couple of resident pairs of mallards who usually stay there from Spring until the lake freezes over. One pair was cooperative in providing some entertainment for a while:

DSCF0766_zpsexvevnja.jpg

DSCF0769_zpslhypbzhl.jpg

DSCF0823_zps2krywjgn.jpg

DSCF0826_zps4olyxegq.jpg

They stuck around until almost dark, when the trout started to wake up...

Rick C

Fox Mike said:
Jeepnik said:
Took me quite some time to get this fellow into a place where I could take his photo.
frMcTaq.jpg
Unless that is a Black Duck it isn't a 'fellow' it is a 'lady'. :D :D :roll: Great shot nonetheless!

I wasn't referring to it's sex specifically. Yes, it is female. I'll have to be more careful in my descriptions around you guys, err gals, oh heck folks. :mrgreen:

Rick Courtright said:
Mike Armstrong said:
(Hope you scored some trout for your time and trouble, tho....).

Hi,

Sure did, Mike! A limit of nice fat fish in about 20 minutes seemed like it was worth the wait. ;)

Rick C

Sooooooooooooooo We got great pictures of the Ducks but not any of the Trout. Yep typical fish story. No pictures of fish NONE caught :D :D

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Wyandot Jim said:
Sooooooooooooooo We got great pictures of the Ducks but not any of the Trout. Yep typical fish story. No pictures of fish NONE caught :D :D

Hi,

Heavens! Now we all know there's never been a fisherman who told anything but the gawdshonesttruth! I'm shocked and amazed anyone could possibly think otherwise... ;)

Rick C

Rick Courtright said:
Wyandot Jim said:

Hi,

Heavens! Now we all know there's never been a fisherman who told anything but the gawdshonesttruth! I'm shocked and amazed anyone could possibly think otherwise... ;)

Rick C

can I have some of what you are smoking. It's legal here now.