Leupold Red dot for PC Carbine and 10/22 Tactical

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnr283

Bearcat
I need a red dot for my PC Carbine and my 10/22 Tactical with ATI AR-22 stock. I was thinking about getting a Lepold DeltaPoint Pro for both. Now I've also been looking at the Leupold Freedom RDS. Both guns will used for shooting in the backyard. Probably not more than 100 yards. Any Suggestions?

BearBiologist

Buckeye
That should be great. I have Leupolds on all my bolt action rifles. I have a Tru-Glo 1-6x lighted on my AR556. Don't remember what I put on the wife's PC9= Vortex (?). It's both red and green.

I need a red dot for my PC Carbine and my 10/22 Tactical with ATI AR-22 stock. I was thinking about getting a Lepold DeltaPoint Pro for both. Now I've also been looking at the Leupold Freedom RDS. Both guns will used for shooting in the backyard. Probably not more than 100 yards. Any Suggestions?
Just because I'm interested, which 10/22 Tactical do you have. There are at least four vastly different Tactical models.

:)

Last edited:
Plenty of good options around $100. The sky's the limit price wise!!! I like a decently mid sized optic for rifles and full sized pistols. The smaller the screen the harder to pick up the dot. You definitely want an enclosed emitter.

johnr283

Bearcat
I put the Leupold Freedom RDS on my Ruger PCC I didn't like it. I guess I just not a fan of red dots. For now, I'll just use the iron sights with a fiber optic front sight. Maybe I'll add a low powered scope in the future.

I put the Leupold Freedom RDS on my Ruger PCC I didn't like it. I guess I just not a fan of red dots. For now, I'll just use the iron sights with a fiber optic front sight. Maybe I'll add a low powered scope in the future.

I tried both a compact red dot & a low power variable scope on my PCC, and ended up going back to the factory irons. But that may change again - who knows?

As always FWIW, IMHO, YMMV, etc., etc.

Okay, thanks. I've owned that one and another Tactical, completely different.

I'm not a big fan of red dots on anything, but I do have one on my PC Carbine, installed as an experiment. It works quite well.

My red-dot is a cheap version. I can only imagine a high quality model would be the cats meow for folks wanting a red-dot. 🤩
One thing I don't understand is the differance in the expensive red dots and the cheap ones. Don't they both have the same dot?

One thing I don't understand is the differance in the expensive red dots and the cheap ones. Don't they both have the same dot?

Some of the more expensive products offer better durability, battery life and optics. What folks buy often depends on balancing budget and intended use. Cheap may be fine for plinking, but a more expensive product may be more appropriate for a self-defense firearm.

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc.

Latest posts