Lets See Some PICS of SHORT Barreled Custom Blackhawks!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nalapombu

Bearcat
Hey all,

One of my favorite custom revolvers is the Lil' Rugers from Horvath. I have loved and wanted one ever since seeing them in a Taffin column many years ago. I think they are just gorgeous. I can only imagine how awesome they feel in the hand and how that action must be like a fine Swiss watch. I don't have one, but am going to start the journey towards getting one soon.

In thinking of those Horvath custom Rugers.....and the similar ones from Reeder, I thought I'd post this and ask for your pics of these "short" Rugers.

So if you have any pics of Custom Rugers with shorter than normal barrels...how about posting them?

Lets see 'em guys and gals.

Thanks

Nalajr

medicdave

Blackhawk
I'll play. I like the short barrels.

Talo SBH with a bit of tweaking. Bisley hammer, Bowen rear, k22 front sight, belt mountain base pin, Virginian Dragoon ejector rod, Sambar grips, bullseye springs. Camp knife by Conner knives.

Matching Single Ten finishing up. Same mods as the .44.

Pinto Single Six built for my wife's barn gun. Best pic I have of it she won't turn it loose since the detail work was done. Stainless cylinder and bits, new vaquero grip frame with a little round butt added (not as severe as the little gun that inspired it but enough to keep the sharp point out of the ribs, elk grips.

Next project on board converting an old model single six to a .32 with a brass birdshead frame. Just mock up at this point (stainless erh for mockup parts haven't come in yet).

MaxP

Buckeye
No longer mine, but 4-inch .480 Ruger by Huntington.

DSC_0022.jpg

Jim Puke

Hunter
https://www.google.com/search?q=short+barreled+custom+blackhawks&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=677&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=QX1NVbefJozbggTst4CQCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
This is a Sheriff's Model Vaquero.Jim Stroh installed the sights.It has an aluminum ejector rod housing and grip frame plus several other tweaks to reduce weight.The cylinder is free-wheeling.

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Not a Blackhawk, but here is my 3.5" barreled quasi-sheriff's model Single Six .32 H&R Mag Vaquerito.

stevemb

Hunter
Other than CCW pcs, I've never wanted a short barrel handgun. Until, you folks, a bad influence on me no doubt, got me to buy a NM Vaq Sheriff .44spec.. It's not a custom and I can't post pics, but I do now understand the draw to these special litlle boomers ! Oddly, this mostly ignored by me, niche firearm, may have the longest list of everyday uses ! steve

sigp220.45

Single-Sixer
I don't know the story on this one. I traded it away from a Sheriff's Office detective, and he got it second hand:

It left the factory with one cylinder, somewhere along the way it was fitted with this ACP cylinder. Maybe that and the oh-so-slightly modified grips and frosted finish will let it play amongst the true customs in this thread.

Its nice to have one gun that can handle everything from powder puff ACP target loads to T-Rex slaying .45 Colt rounds.