Lee Carbide Speed Die - Anyone use them?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Greebe

Single-Sixer
I purchased a Lee Carbide Speed Die many years ago. I never saw one offered in .45 Colt so gave Lee a call and was told that they had one back on the shelf. I thought that would make a cool little package with the Lee Hand press for out at the camp.

When I received the die, it was not a .45 Colt but in fact a .45 ACP. I figured it wasn't worth the shipping to send it back and just kept it.

I never have used the thing and was curious if any of you guys have. I guess I should pull it out and give it a whirl.

Greebe

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Sorry, Greebe, no help here. I remember seeing this die advertised years ago, and thought it might be a good idea if space were super tight, as in a field kit perhaps. But reading the ads was as far as I got!

Rick C

Greebe

Single-Sixer
I took the one that I have out last night and gave it a try. It seems to work just fine, but the loading sequence is a little different. Still wish I could have picked one of these up in .45 Colt.

BTW, I only used it so far to size, deprime, and bell the case mouth.

dirkdiggler01

Single-Sixer
I bought one in 9mm and 38...haven't used them in a while since I started using the progressive... They served their purpose and I never had any problems with mine..wished I would have picked up a few other calibers. Nice and simple

Latest posts