LCRx in .327? Do you think they'll make one soon?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

redhawker

Buckeye
I love my LCR .327 but I also like the looks of the LCRx. I was just wondering if the assembled here had any thoughts on if Ruger will make the "x" in .327 anytime soon?

22/45 Fan

Hunter
It really depends on how .327's are selling. I know they get a lot of love on this forum but I don't know if they sell well to the general public. If they do, there will be more models in that chambering. if they are slow sellers (which I tend to think is the case) there aren't going to be more of them.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I will get one as well. I bugged the Ruger reps at two NRA Annual Meetings about the LCR in 327, then it happened. So did the Henry Big Boys. I hope they do it because it would make a great kit gun in that configuration, IMHO.

32Magfan

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I would buy another trail gun, but the 327FM is one seriously high-pressure cartridge. At 45000 PSI, some 40% higher than a 357 Magnum load.

It just might be above or very near the limits of Ruger's plastic frame revolver design?

The gun is advertised and production is reputedly under way, but I wonder how this one will last? It is a handful in the all-stainless SP101.

djw54

Single-Sixer
mohavesam said:
I would buy another trail gun, but the 327FM is one seriously high-pressure cartridge. At 45000 PSI, some 40% higher than a 357 Magnum load.

It just might be above or very near the limits of Ruger's plastic frame revolver design?

The gun is advertised and production is reputedly under way, but I wonder how this one will last? It is a handful in the all-stainless SP101.

"Advertised" and "Reputedly"? Are you speaking of the .327 LCR or LCRx? The former has been in production for some time, and I've seen no advertisment for the latter, so I'm confused.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I just yesterday sold my LCR in .327-mag and ordered an SP-101 in the same caliber. I think it will be easier on my damaged hands and old bones. :) Let us hope. I really like the caliber and have even been handloading it. And I have seen that some factory rounds will achieve 1500 fps from the 4.2" barrel. Good luck in your quest.

Latest posts