LCR grip options

Help Support Ruger Forum:

57Frontier

Single-Sixer
I recently acquired and lcr in .38 special. I like the size and weight of the gun and think it will make a good carry piece, except for the grip. The size and feel of the stock grip is great, but the sticky rubber grabs at my shirt and is a problem. I've tried the boot grip, but it just didn't fit my hand well. What are other options? I've looked at "eagle" grips, but have a hard time throwing down $110 for a gun I paid just over $300 for. I like the look of the Hogue g-10, but am concerned that it might be a little to long. I'd appreciate any ones opinions or experience.
Thanks

I pocket carry a .38 LCR every day. I use the Hogue Bantam grip because it fits in my pocket great. I don't consider the LCR a range gun nor will it be shot from any real distance so as long as I can handle it the small grip is fine with me. Hogue does make laminate grips that might be what you're looking for...

https://www.hogueinc.com/store/products/ruger-lcr-enclosed-hammer-smooth-g10-g-mascus-blackgray/18796

57Frontier

Single-Sixer
Thanks, those are the g-10 grips I was referring to. My only concern with them is they might be a little longer. Anyone who could comment on thier size compared to the monogrip would be appreciated.

hittman

Staff member
I carry a 38 Special LCR daily ..... have for more than 2 years now. It wears the boot grip from Ruger's web site. No, it doesn't fit my hand great but as others have said, it's not a range gun.....just a life saving tool.

On another note, the finish Ruger puts on these guns is amazing. Mine is in a Galco leather ankle holster and I swear that even after more than two years there's not a mark on the gun.

57Frontier I have a Hogue Bantam and a Delta Ergo grip (strange looking grip but some folks like them). I don't care for either one and like the standard factory grip better. They are like new. I don't mind shipping them to you for you to determine if you like either one or both. PM me if interested.
Mike

57Frontier

Single-Sixer
That is a terrific offer bowzette, and I do appreciate it. I've actually tried both of those and didn't take a liking to either. I decided to just go ahead and order the hogue g10 grip and give it a try. So, it will either be the ticket or it will be for sale here shortly...

Cal44

Bearcat
I have the G10 grips on my LCR 357.

I like them because I can get three fingers on the grip.

They are only a little longer than the original grips, but thinner.

Work very well for pocket carry.

The are hard -- no padding. I shoot mostly 38 sp in my LCR, but have tried th G10s with 357 mag and it works if you only plan to shoot a few cylinders of ammo.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
I had g10 grips on my LCR, but on such a light gun + the abrasive finish of the checkering of those grips they just didn't work for me; they hurt with every shot.

I bought Pachmyer Diamond grips and like them a lot.

Cal44

Bearcat
buckshotshorty said:
I had g10 grips on my LCR, but on such a light gun + the abrasive finish of the checkering of those grips they just didn't work for me; they hurt with every shot.

I bought Pachmyer Diamond grips and like them a lot.

Well I got the G10's without the checkering, so no problem with that.

And for me, the Diamond Pro grips are too fat in the middle of the palm.

Everyone is different. A grip that works for one person, may be no good for someone else.

57Frontier

Single-Sixer
I appreciate everyones responses. Thought I'd give an update. I bought a non checkered g-10 hogue grip and have to say that is the ticket for me. They are a tad longer than the stock grip but still not an issue concealing. They are a little thinner which I like, and as far as recoil, with the .38 I can shoot whatever load I want all day long. These grips have made this little revolver just that much better for me.