LCR 357 problems --fail to fire

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ASIGIAM

Bearcat
Went to the range to shoot my brand new lcr 357. Bought it to shoot 38, 38+p. ran about 10-15 38 spec rds and put 10 +P through before it started misfiring. seemed to rotate ok but showed light strike mark or none at all. any ideas? calling ruger monday am. :?: ...... my snub 38 spec stainless speed six .... can't believe how accurate and reliable from seven yard to all the way back to the butts. what a gun. :D

xtratoy

Buckeye
Maybe it has manufacturing debris inside the action? How hard is it to disassemble and clean? It may be something fairly easy to rectify.

ASIGIAM

Bearcat
haven't cleaned it yet after firing. will clean and try again. probably shooter error dealing with DAO firearm., maybe didnt let trigger recycle. back to the range for another try before calling ruger.

Mosinka

Bearcat
Definitely try a thorough cleaning first, as that seems to fix most problems. I bought a second hand Ruger P95 last year that wasn't cycling properly, and I determined quickly that the extractor was dirty. I managed to save myself a great deal of hassle just by cleaning the gun. Great pistol, by the way. I now own two of them.

However, I once had a very similar problem to yours with a very excellent S&W revolver in .357 magnum. It was also brand new. As it turned out, it was a problem with the pin, which S&W very happily and promptly replaced. Seems to me that that pistol was shooting fine with .38 but not with .357 or the reverse. I forget because it was several years ago.