LCP 2 with Viridian laser

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MN_Ruger

Bearcat
Hello All - Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm looking to purchase an LCP 2 and am intrigued by the model offered with the built-in laser sight (green in particular).

Looks like it has ambidextrous buttons forward of the trigger guard. How is everyone liking this setup? I understand it's going to take a bit of practice to get the muscle memory to enable the light every time it comes from the holster. This would be different for me as compared to a grip activated laser.

Any comments are appreciated!

After some 'experimenting' I have found that when removing it from the holster (whichever I have it in) that my middle finger easily turns it on and doesn't interfere with my trigger finger reaching the trigger.

MN_Ruger

Bearcat
After some 'experimenting' I have found that when removing it from the holster (whichever I have it in) that my middle finger easily turns it on and doesn't interfere with my trigger finger reaching the trigger.
Appreciate the feedback! I'm pretty much sold on the LCP 2, it's just a matter of with or without the Viridian laser. Good news is it appears that the laser sight is easily removable so I can try it both ways.

Would you mind sharing which holsters you're using?

I make my own holsters so I can't give you much help there.
This is a 'pocket' I threw together.
zVybuwvl.jpg

This is a crossdraw.

WhlWSRMl.jpg

Last edited:
Reaching the button is my only problem with that type of activation. I've found that using the trigger finger of my support hand is the most effective solution. My hands are at the smaller end of 'men's medium' glove size so bigger hands may not encounter this difficulty.

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
In general, those types of lasers are easily activated by the trigger finger. And you activate it PRIOR to placing your finger on the trigger. Remember, safety first, and the finger stays off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.