LC9 & SR9c LCI Delete

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I have shown the SR9c with the Galloway LCI Delete, but I just received the LCI for the LC9 and wanted to post a couple of pictures of it also. I also have a diffrent LCI for the SR9c that I am posting. I think they look really good.
Rev don't get on me to hard :lol:.
LC9

lcidelete1.jpg

By jstanfield at 2011-12-12

lcidelete2.jpg

SR9c
lcidelete1.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
jstanfield103 said:
Rev don't get on me to hard :lol:.

LOL !! Actually .. I'm all for getting rid of that hideous thing .... as much as I wouldn't have bought it just because of that ...

Even if I could get rid of it as you have ... I wouldn't if I were going to carry it. :D

Carry on !!!

REV

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
The LCI don`t bother me a bit on mine. Or the safety either for that matter.
They are a reliable and accurate pistol for the price.
I have both the LC9 and LCP and like both lots!! :wink:
I do have a SS recoil spring guide coming for the 9 though. :)

Gizmo42

Single-Sixer
I filed mine down a couple weeks ago. Never really bothered me but figured I'd do it while I had it torn down.

9clci.jpg

pietro beretta

Bearcat
If I were brought to court because I removed the LCI and Magazine Disconnect; I would start by calling witnesses to the stand that would include several Law Enforcement Officers, as well as people from my state who did not opt-out of public domain info of CCWpermit holders, I would waste the courts time just as they would be wasting mine.

I would lay all of their main carry firearms on a table listed as evidence.

I would then demonstrate that most firearms are designed without the aforementioned precautionary features; --- all this without a lawyer.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
The concept is good, but Ruger takes it a step too far and makes them too big with a poor design that allows carbon to accumulate underneath plus they are very hard to clean out. I'm considering completely removing mine because of this.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I respect peoples right to like it or not. I personally like mine as is. But I'm not trying to convince any of you. If anything I'm in between wanting a very slight reduction by filling it down just a tad and take off less then what most are doing to theirs.

Remember I think one of the reasons they did it is so that it can be easily felt in the dark. 2 nights ago I chased my first noise in the house at 3am. You know,- you hear something and go to check out the house to make sure alls secure. I sleep in complete darkness and my home is completely dark at night. When I reached for my sr40c I did swipe my hand gently over the top to check and assure to myself that the round was there.

/shrug for what its worth I actually used it without even thinking about it.

wingman

Single-Sixer
I use the LCI whenever I handle my SR9c to make sure if its in a ready state. Doesn't bother me at all. I'm also glad to have the safety. If you don't like the safety... simple cure... don't use it.

GKC

Blackhawk
I think the concern some have vis-a-vis court and removing the LCI is not that other pistols are designed without them...but that a lawyer may portray you as being reckless by removing a safety feature that the manufacturer included and does not recommend removing, from the gun you chose to use in the shooting. Other guns not involved aren't the issue.

Personally, I think it is rather silly myself...whether the LCI and/or thumb safety is there or not doesn't make the gun less functional. The problem is that the jury may be populated with people who know nothing about guns, or are anti-gun. Lawyers are excellent at not focusing on the real issue, and clouding the matter with irrelevancies.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
GKC said:
.......The problem is that the jury may be populated with people who know nothing about guns, or are anti-gun. Lawyers are excellent at not focusing on the real issue, and clouding the matter with irrelevancies.

Oh Yeah! If you've ever been void dire'd by a defense attorney for jury selection you'd know how blatantly obvious they are in picking jurors who are overwhelmingly prejudiced in their favor.

Latest posts