LAST 1955 357 FLATTOP SHIPPED????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they just reached into the "grips" bin and grabbed whatever was there, and at the end of the "black plastic" grips run a few could have gotten covered up by the new style walnuts and used on later guns. Makes things interesting.

:) ;) :)

tommygun

Single-Sixer
Had another thought. There was a time when a collectible consecutive set was valued as the price of three. So there "was your answer". The market is soft currently which adds to the issue.

radicalrod

Hunter
tommygun said:
Had another thought. There was a time when a collectible consecutive set was valued as the price of three. So there "was your answer". The market is soft currently which adds to the issue.

hey now.....now trash talking consecutive sets.....I won't stand for that....them's fightin words....RR

gtxmonte

Buckeye
Must be............I have consecutive number Redhawks, early models, new in box unfired, that have never gotten a nibble here when priced for WAY less than the cost of three..............LOL!!!

chet15

Hawkeye
gtxmonte said:
I have a question for you "number guys" and it is actually a serious question. Does anything make the last gun of a certain year or the first gun of a certain year, actually worth any more money than any other gun shipped the same year. Provided there are no changes from year to year, they are identical and only differentiated by when they left the factory, which as pointed out, is NOT in numerical order. So does it matter

Only to the guy with the most "pucker" when one becomes available. But the hardest part is proving them.
The same works for the first gun shipped...reportedly serial number 200 for example in the .44 Blackhawk, or serial number 200005 for the Lightweight Single-Six.
At one time we had the last Super Bearcat that was known to have been shipped...now that has been topped.
Yeah...when the time comes to sell, there's always one person willing to spend more $ (has more "pucker") than the next guy. Most won't give a hoot.
Chet15

Latest posts