Laser for SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I had a similar issue with the laserlyte rear sight, I had it on a XDM 40, but it would change modes when fired. I called laserlyte, and they told me that they have found it has something to do with the battery cap and spring and are sending me a longer battery cap with a better spring. Just thought I would throw that out there, it is free, I haven't received it yet to confirm that this is the solution, but according to them, this has fixed the issue in most cases.

2dogs

Bearcat
Wow ,
An in line Laser seem to me to be better that an off set one like the Crimson trace that I have on my LCR.This looks like part of the frame not an add on. This is a product I just might have to have.

sprale

Bearcat
ctcdesigner":1v3w62ib said:
This is a peek at the new LG449 Laserguard for the SR9c. It should be out mid to late summer.

SR9c4.jpg

Any more information on this one?

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
Here's a pic of a micro Laserlyte on my SR9. I actually got it not for the SR9, but for a different pistol that is too small for my LaserMax - that I keep on my Px4. This one should fit on the SR9c with no problem. It will probably require a different holster, (that the other models discussed may not), but it works great, and although MSRP is around $149, I picked it up, complete with a spare set of batteries, and a lower 'rail', (that can be attached to the bottom to mount something more), for $85 + tax.

It is VERY tiny, as you can see, and weighs almost nothing. The off/on switch is on the back - as you can see - and easily operated with the weak-hand index finger.

IMG_1340.jpg

michael hacker

Bearcat
I know you don't need the light, but the Insight X2L is a great laser/light combo for the SR9c. I like the light as I keep it for home defense and you can use the light to use the iron sights, but the added laser is great for quick target accusition. It fits great on the SR9c and looks awesome too. It's the only laser/light combo for a compact/sub-compact gun.

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com

sprale

Bearcat
I really like the style of the Laserlyte for the LCP, nice and smooth. I cant wait for the 449, I'll be ordering one right when they are released!

ctcdesigner

Bearcat
I thought I would share a picture of the first LG449 out of the mold. This is the first prototype built that I will be testing this weekend. It looks even better in person. :D

SR9-FirstShots.jpg
[/img]

ctcdesigner

Bearcat
Michael,

We are shooting for a mid July release. If you are in Wilsonville during business hours you can drop by and take a look in person.

Dan

A

Anonymous

I want one of those LG-449 sights for my SR-9C. I cannot wait to see it when it comes out!

frontstuffers

Single-Sixer
I contacted Veridian last week about this. here is thier reply:

"Our new C5 Universal Series will be a great fit for your SR9c. The C5 Series can be purchased as compact green laser only, model C5, or laser & tactical light combination, model C5L. We just recently started filling our existing dealer and distributor orders and are estimating that will be accepting direct orders by August or September.

Also note that we will be introducing new line of Kydex holsters around the same time including one that will accommodate a Viridian equipped SR9c. MSRP for the holsters will be around $39.00."

I like the idea of being able to order this with or withouth the light. anyway, just a fwiw.

SR9c-Fan

Bearcat
I have had the CT laser on my SR9c for several weeks now. I like it, but I have to be honest and say that, unlike the two other CT grip-style lasers I have, the dot on this one moves around a bit. I can trust it out to 10 yards to put a bullet into a 12" the kill zone every time, but it starts to vary too much after that. (I shot the gun from the bench with a rest to check this.) My thought is that the attachment to the rail/trigger guard isn't as secure as the one to the grip and/or that heat from the barrel changes the impact point.

Anyone else experience this

josh2415

Bearcat
I just bought an SR9c and am wondering if the Armalaser Stingray SR2 would work on it. Has anyone tried it? According to AL it "will fit any Weaver & Picatinny rail found on today's Sub-Compact". Looks like a nice little unit, surprised no one has mentioned it.

Ruger SR9C

Bearcat
I know Crimson trace just came out with the laser for the Ruger SR9c, its on there website for $209.00 with free shipping. I just ordered one and so I will update when I get it, I wish they made it with a green laser though!!

josh2415

Bearcat
josh2415 said:
I just bought an SR9c and am wondering if the Armalaser Stingray SR2 would work on it. Has anyone tried it? According to AL it "will fit any Weaver & Picatinny rail found on today's Sub-Compact". Looks like a nice little unit, surprised no one has mentioned it.

Found some discussion on the SR2 (which starts shipping on Friday) over on the ElsiePea forum.

A

Anonymous

Aside from the interesting/cool aspect of having a laser on one's pistol, can anyone tell me if there is a valid application for such a device? Although it would make target acquisition easier in low light situations, it would also serve to give away one's position more than anything.

My personal opinion about such things is that I want maximum surprise on my side if I ever found myself in a defensive situation. Having a laser or light on one's pistol is only going to compromise that and let others know exactly where you are. If someone broke into my house, I would take advantage of darkness and my ability to get around the house without lights, thus putting an intruder at a disadvantage.

If I am missing something about these devices, someone please illuminate me.

Latest posts