Kydex Paddle Holster???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DRDOUGRX

Bearcat
Hello All,

Can anyone suggest a kydex paddle holster that will fit an SR9. I have a serpa but it isn't all that concealable.

I was thinking of the Fobus Compact: http://www.fobusholster.com/catalog/Compact_Holsters-36-1.html

I think I read that kydex holsters for SW M&P and Glock 17/22 are a good fit for the SR9.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

Doug

22/45 Fan

Hunter
The Fobus HK-1 fits both the SR9 and SR9c. Ruger sells them directly from the store section of their web site.

I got one for my SR9c and it works very well

I got the Fobus HK-1 for the same easy-on-off reasons, thinking I would carry more often with it.

I stopped using it when I repeatedly drew the pistol with the Fobus still attached. Bad. Added to my holster box.

axisofoil

Single-Sixer
Comptac IWB tuckable holsters (the spartan and minotaur) are both easier to take off/put on than my serpas... and WORLDS more concealable.

MedicYeti

Bearcat
Are you set on kydex? If your looking for concealable I'd reccomend a leather IWB Tuckable from www.littlebearholsters.com I like leather better for long term carry. I reccomend staying away from fobus, they're junk.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
MedicYeti said:
Are you set on kydex? If your looking for concealable I'd reccomend a leather IWB Tuckable from www.littlebearholsters.com I like leather better for long term carry. I reccomend staying away from fobus, they're junk.

Last I heard, Little Bear hasn't been in business for a very long time due to the owner's health.

For the OP, the Crossbreed Supertuck works VERY well for me.
It is concealable, comfortable, and easy to remove and put on. There warranty and service are also excellent.

I recently filmed something for YouTube regarding my SR9 holsters but I was sick and sounded like a plague victim in the clip. I'll try again soon. Been a while since I put anything up on YouTube.

-JT

DRDOUGRX

Bearcat
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not totally sold on kydex. I didn't want an in-pant holster. I generally wear dress belts that are not gunbelts, hense the paddle.

I'll look into some of the suggestions. I appreciate the time!!

Happy New Year!

Grendel

Single-Sixer
DRDOUGRX said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm not totally sold on kydex. I didn't want an in-pant holster. I generally wear dress belts that are not gunbelts, hense the paddle.

I'll look into some of the suggestions. I appreciate the time!!

Happy New Year!

If you're going to wear a full-size gun like the SR9, you -will- need a gun belt. Otherwise, no matter what holster you get it won't work at its best for comfort or concealibility because the weak dress belt -will- ultimately fail you.

CCW is not just "something you do" but a lifestyle change, and you will have to alter some things to do it properly, like changing some aspects of your wardrobe.

That's just how that works.

-JT

axisofoil

Single-Sixer
Especially on a paddle like the serpa. They put the pivot point, based on their design, in about the WORST place (right around the top edge of the belt, and the CG of the gun is ABOVE the beltline) for you to use a dress-belt instead of a proper gunbelt. I imagine a full-size SR is pointed darn near at your leg if you're wearing a dress belt.