kc gun show, ruger 1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnnymo

Bearcat
Went to the kansas city gun show this morning. I saw three ruger stainless 1911s. The prices were 799, 750 and one for 725. Those were the first in person i have seen here in kc. whats the cheapest they sell for out there?

hittman

Staff member
$575.00 I think someone here on the Forum reported.

Wait a year ~ once distribution catches up you'll see them regularly at $600 or under new in box and used in the $450 range. Others here will disagree, I know. Just my opinion only.

BTW ~ Negative reports about the fit, finish and firing of the gun are darn few and far between. Looks like Ruger hit a home run with how they operate.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
The MSRP is $799.00, and the guy that got one for $575.00 must be a dealer, or have a good friend that is. I do believe the dealers cost is right around $545.00. You do the math. There are several threads on this forum that discuss this already. I believe there is even a poll that shows the average that people have been paying. From what I've seen most stay under MSRP.

whtsmoke

Bearcat
johnnymo I paid 679 for mine last year at Ruger days in Liberty at Great Guns. Like mattsbox said you can wait till the cows come home but like him im having a blast with mine.

RugerHound

Hunter
hittman said:
$575.00 I think someone here on the Forum reported.

Wait a year ~ once distribution catches up you'll see them regularly at $600 or under new in box and used in the $450 range. Others here will disagree, I know. Just my opinion only.

BTW ~ Negative reports about the fit, finish and firing of the gun are darn few and far between. Looks like Ruger hit a home run with how they operate.

Cost from the distributor isn't much below that! If they're selling them at $575, they're makin' someone quite a deal IMO.

eagles350

Bearcat
I saw my first one at the Dixie show in Charlotte this weekend. Been wanting one for a while but definitely was not paying the $899 he wanted for it.

johnnymo

Bearcat
Its hard to believe dealer cost is around $545. Whats the highest price ruger 1911 selling for out there lol. $899 wow any higher then that? :twisted:

Nwmarc

Bearcat
I picked mine up at a dealer for 635.00 and felt good at that price. They are still hard to find. Boy does it shoot good. :D

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Hey I got mine in the $650+ range and it shoots like a dream. My hands are small enough that I like a slimmer grip, and this one fits pretty nice. It will group with the better ones (I have a Kimber Custom Shop) and in 50 rounds I only had one round stand up in the feed. Probably do to poor gun control on my part while using nasty hollow points (not a firm enough stance for rappid fire)...the round balls were flawless. For the money, it will be hard to do better. It does need some running in and getting used to. The slide lock is very stiff on mine and needs to wear in to make it one handed release.