Just Old 3 Screws

Help Support Ruger Forum:

357s,
1657151124706.png
9mm in the box, 44s, and 45 Colt

Snake Pleskin

Banned
None of these are pistols! They are all revolvers, which are not pistols. Both pistols and revolvers are handguns. A 'pistol is a handgun that chamers the round in the barrel.
Sorry, I disagree. There are many references over the years to revolvers' being pistols. Just watched The Outlaw Josey Wales, "Well, are you gonna jerk them pistols or just stand there?."..LOL!

None of these are pistols! They are all revolvers, which are not pistols. Both pistols and revolvers are handguns. A 'pistol is a handgun that chamers the round in the barrel.
Well lets see now. In the movie did Outlaw Josey Wales Ask "Are you going to draw those PISTOLS or whistle Dixie?????? :)
Revolvers were called Pistols way before the BOTTOM FEEDERS came along.
How about Dueling Pistols which were single shot :)

Snake Pleskin

Banned
Well lets see now. In the movie did Outlaw Josey Wales Ask "Are you going to draw those PISTOLS or whistle Dixie?????? :)
Revolvers were called Pistols way before the BOTTOM FEEDERS came along.
How about Dueling Pistols which were single shot :)
Thanks, I think your quote is more accurate then mine!!! LOL : )😜

Which guns are what caliber and their barrel lengths? I have a bklued 6 1/2" 3 screw .357 Mag Ruger from the mid 60's, and I had Ruger update it about 10 years ago. They sent all the replaced parts back to me.
Starting at the top 5 1/2"357, 45 Colt & 45ACP 4/58", 357 & 9mm 61/2 -51/2",
45 Colt 71/2", 44Mag. 71/2", and bottom 357 61/2" The 357s with 51/2" barrels along with the Turnbull case hard I had customized since Ruger didn't make a 357 in 51/2"
Non have the transfer bar added. :)

vlavalle

Single-Sixer
A movie does not determine correct terminology. Revolvers are simply not pistols. This is fact. Of course, people do use the term interchagably, but that is incorrect. It is like calling a truck a car.

Snake Pleskin

Banned
A movie does not determine correct terminology. Revolvers are simply not pistols. This is fact. Of course, people do use the term interchagably, but that is incorrect. It is like calling a truck a car.
During the 1800-1900's most cap & ball were referred to as pistols. It was only with the advent of cartridge guns, especially Double action swing out or break top cylinder types that the term revolver began to be used more. I have heard of people early on being pistol whipped, but never revolver whipped. I have heard of original Walkers and Dragoons being called Horse pistols, but never horse revolvers. Because someone decided to put a "technical" definition around these pieces, does not change what the actual nomenclature was, and how it was used. Automatics were never anything other than "self loading pistols" in Europe then the USA, until people got tired of calling them that. also,Thesaurus.com lists "revolver" and "pistol" as synonyms. ,I can agree that there are technical differnces and if you want to get hung up on them such as single chamber versus multiple chamber, fine. But most are not interested in the semantical differences. this is short, and too the point. last few sentence say it all (IMHO) https://www.ssusa.org/content/origin-story-the-word-pistol/.

Ruger 10/22

Bearcat
There's a question that comes up when I see fellas with multiple handguns in their collection
Which one started it all = Was the Bees Knees that started your addiction?
Nice Single Actions Jim~~~
Gary