Just ‘nother new guy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi all,
Well over 20 years ago I was active on a similar (same?) Ruger forum.
A long time shooter and hunter, I have been absent from both for a bit. Still hunting once or twice a year…
Now that I've recently moved into a more rural, forever home, and have a room just for reloading and storage again, I'm fixin' to reignite the flame on the ole burner. Especially with the big R (retirement) just around the corner.

I've had a lot of Rugers come and go from my life over the years. No need to list them all, I might cry 😉. Still have the ole 10/22 and my original MSR, the mini14. Thanks to my stumbling upon this site while searching for a SRH Toklat, I have one shipping to me as I type!
I have my eyes on some SA revolvers in my future. I sure miss having some.

Look forward to reading what y'all have to say. I tend to get wordy when I type, so please don't hold that against me.

I see 'bearcat' next to my name. Is that an indication of an earned level of activity on the forum?

Oh yah, I'm in Colorado. Grew up in MN, lived in CO different 3 times, and in northern CA in the early '80's. I'm just about to qualify for Medicare, so I may qualify as an "old timer" now. (?)

Star43

Blackhawk
Well if you are getting close to "retirement" , that would make you one of the younger guys here !! Bearcat just means you are new to the Forum. Welcome from Sunny California. !! 😊

jav

Single-Sixer
Good for you !!! 🙂
From your statement you live in California like me I been retired for 5 years . My wife and I was talking the other day it's hard to leave California it's expensive but we can afford it here so we will stay we are 150 miles from Tahoe it's beautiful here except for the gun laws which suck I pretty used to it anyway enough of my 💩 have a great day

Star43

Blackhawk
I am in the Central Valley between Fresno and Modesto......yeah, the gun laws suck. Enjoy your retirement and have a great day too......🙂