James Bond and his Sig 226

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hey DA_TriggR4Ruger, Just walked out of the James Bond movie. Talked the wife into playing hooky from work on a Friday afternoon. Bond's gun of choice. Well one of them, was a Sig 226. He was on a train with a woman and showing her the gun... Then she...well I won't spoil the movie. Pretty good flick.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
SAJohn said:
In the original novels Bond started out with a Beretta 418 in .25ACP. Several novels later he switched to a Walther PPK in 7.65mm.
That's back when the viewing public would accept 50 and 100 yard shots
with the Walther (one shot stop, natch).

I think he still had his Walther in this movie. There were also some other guns at the beginning. Not sure what they were. Like those AR pistols I've seen lately in magazines.

xtratoy

Buckeye
Starring Daniel Craig. Another gun hating liberal who makes his living in movies promoting shooting someone. He also has stated that he really likes Obama. Go figure. :shock: I wouldn't spend my money to watch any of the multitude of hypocritical actors. http://www.thegunzone.com/fff-007.html

gtxmonte

Buckeye
Do you feel the same way about ACTORS who play the roles of serial killers or rapists. I mean I am pretty sure those who do are probably against serial killing and raping............are they hypocrites as well?

I think the 'problem' with most of these actors that speak anti gun publicly is they are trying to balance out and justify making a living depicting all that violence. The reality is they are just actors which are just people and what they think is not really that important to me. I have a number of friends that 'like' Obama... does not stop me from hanging out with them any more than the conservative ones....

I was wanting a Sig 226 until I saw the 229... if things go really well and I get a wild notion, heck I might join the 'Legion'.

Seems as a Ruger comparison the 226 is a P89dc and the 229 is P95dc.

Hey xtratoy. Your momma ever tell you if you didn't have something nice to say to keep your tater trap shut? There is a reason I didn't post this in the political section. What the hell? You have to bring Obama into it? I don't give a flip what movies you watch or don't watch.

And another thing. I posted this because the movie talked directly about an actual gun. What type and model etc. Then add to the fact the movie as a whole was not antigun. If you remove your shell and notice the whole world is not For 2A or Against 2A. It is more dynamic than that.

xtratoy

Buckeye
Kevin said:
Hey xtratoy. Your momma ever tell you if you didn't have something nice to say to keep your tater trap shut? There is a reason I didn't post this in the political section. What the hell? You have to bring Obama into it? I don't give a flip what movies you watch or don't watch.
I'm so sorry if I upset you. NOT!! Grow a pair!!! :roll:

xtratoy

Buckeye
gtxmonte said:
Do you feel the same way about ACTORS who play the roles of serial killers or rapists. I mean I am pretty sure those who do are probably against serial killing and raping............are they hypocrites as well?
Not even in the same realm. Playing rapists and murderers is not a political issue for the most part. When an actor starts spouting anti gun rhetoric yet makes his living using guns, that where I see the hypocrisy.

eveled

Hunter
IMHO, in the real world Bond's edc would be a Walther probably a PPS in 9mm of course.

No no...don't misunderstand me. I'm not upset. It's funny how some people feel the need to bring politics into every discussion....

If you feel like this. Let me ask....do you only spend money where people are pro gun? I was just in Lowe's thinking about this question. Do you feel the need to research this pro 2A question for everyone you meet?

pharmer

Single-Sixer
Talk to a real "spook." They'll tell you they never carry guns on station unless it's like the Benghazi location. Even then, it's only in the house. Hollywood will say/do/show anything to make folks shell out $12. Joe

gtxmonte

Buckeye
xtratoy said:
gtxmonte said:
Not even in the same realm. Playing rapists and murderers is not a political issue for the most part. When an actor starts spouting anti gun rhetoric yet makes his living using guns, that where I see the hypocrisy.
Sure it is...........it's EXACTLY the same thing. An actor who plays a rapist and then speaks out against domestic violence or whatever, is the SAME thing.

And as much as you and MANY others want to think it is, the "gun" discussion is usually just personal preference and opinion...........has zero to do with politics when it comes from people like this. It's pretty simple, some like guns and some don't

I've owned a LOT of P226 pistols over the years. Still have a few, my notable favorites being the Scorpion (9mm.) And Elite Enhanced (my last .40) they are both wonderful pistols but due to me not utilizing the .40 platform, I'll see what I can do to get into the 10mm.

The P226 represents the ultimate in reliability and accuracy. I love the DC only feature and wish Ruger would have stayed that way. They had a good thing going. But alas Ruger insisted on cloning Glock.

Oh well, some of the finest revolvers I own are still Rugers.

blume357 said:
The reality is they are just actors which are just people and what they think is not really that important to me.

That is my take on them as well, they live in make believe so why take them seriously? I do find them hypocritical if their entire fame and fortune is from "shoot 'em ups" but want to ban guns. My comment to them would be great lets ban all of the ones you could have used in movies and TV...go find another genre to make a living from.

737tdi

Hunter
gtxmonte said:
xtratoy said:
gtxmonte said:
Sure it is...........it's EXACTLY the same thing. An actor who plays a rapist and then speaks out against domestic violence or whatever, is the SAME thing.

And as much as you and MANY others want to think it is, the "gun" discussion is usually just personal preference and opinion...........has zero to do with politics when it comes from people like this. It's pretty simple, some like guns and some don't

Sorry Kevin: I have to speak to this.

Sorry it is not even close to being the same. The last time I looked rape/murder/assault were all illegal. Not the same as a legal owning, possessing, using a firearm. If you truly believe that it is just an opinion then maybe you should read the bill of rights. Until, and only until Congress repeals the 2nd amendment to the United States Constitution it is not a "some like", it is not something to be negotiated. I don't give a rat's patootey if some one likes it or not, it is the law of the land, PERIOD. There are things I don't like that are going on right now, but until the laws/rights are changed then we accept them as written.

I am not speaking to this movie or this man, just this attitude. I almost through up in my mouth "some like guns and some don't".

Again sorry Kevin, this was just an unacceptable response to a post that should not have been made. :(

Karl

737tdi

Hunter
Back to the Sig.. We have a Sig P239 SAS Gen 2 that is the most incredible autos I have ever fired.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p239-sas-gen-2.aspx

Yes, they are a bit pricey but wow, accurate, dependable and very concealable. I love my little CZ75 compact but this Sig is just miles ahead in quality. The CZ is almost second to none (older model). I don't think anyone would be disappointed in the purchase of any of the Sig handgun models. A lot of people swear by Glock but I have never warmed up to them like I have with Sig.. JMO.

Karl