IWB Holster for Snubby

Help Support Ruger Forum:

writwing

Single-Sixer
One of my CCs is a SW 40 Lemon Squeezer. I usually pocket carry. One reason is the Don Hume IWB holster just doest hold the gun well. It sits high and feels like it is going to fall out. Is this due to design of holster or snubby? Thinking of getting a KLCR for carry but if I cant wear it IWB then it wont work for me.

How do you guys IWB carry.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
SP101, 2 1/4" bbl carried in a Mitch Rosen "Workman" holster. Tried others of the more common brans but that mass production garbage didn't cut it. Mitch's stuff is fantastic!

ACM73

Bearcat
I use a crossbreed for my sp101 and love it. It's the only holster I have ever used for it so I don't have anything to compare it to, but at the same time it was good enough that I didn't feel the need to experiment with any other holsters. I have a gun belt on order from crossbreed at the moment as well.

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
SAJohn said:
I have yet to find an IWB holster that was comfortable.

+1

I do have an Blade-Tech IWB that is tolerable.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Inside-the-Waistband-IDPA-APPROVED-pr-820.html

dennie

Bearcat
For my SP101 I use the Sourdough Pancake from Simply Rugged. Very good holster. Give Rob a call at 928-227-0432.
Rob is a nice guy and forum member. Price is good too.
dennie

BrewerGeorge

Bearcat
SAJohn said:
No IWB is comfortable directly to the side where you'd wear an OWB. Try moving the holster farther back/around so it sits right above your butt cheek. Imagine the shape of the pelvic bone on the inside. You want the holster parallel to the "back plane" of the pelvis. It's only about a palm-width further around so draw is still easy and quick, but it makes ALL the difference in comfort - especially when sitting.

DGW1949

Hunter
BrewerGeorge said:
SAJohn said:
No IWB is comfortable directly to the side where you'd wear an OWB. Try moving the holster farther back/around so it sits right above your butt cheek. Imagine the shape of the pelvic bone on the inside. You want the holster parallel to the "back plane" of the pelvis. It's only about a palm-width further around so draw is still easy and quick, but it makes ALL the difference in comfort - especially when sitting.

That mirrors my own experience.
I've also found that under them circumstances that a 3" hides as easily as a 2", and that the 3" actualy "stays put" better in open-top type holsters.

DGW

SAJohn

Hunter
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, I just tried it and you guys are right, that feels a lot better. However, being left handed means I have to almost take my belt off and drop my parts to my knees to get it all set up. John

BrewerGeorge

Bearcat
SAJohn said:
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, I just tried it and you guys are right, that feels a lot better. However, being left handed means I have to almost take my belt off and drop my parts to my knees to get it all set up. John
cheers.gif

Snyd

Single-Sixer
SAJohn said:

I'd say if your parts drop to your knees when you take your belt off you need another type of holster... :D

gobe

Bearcat
SAJohn said:

I'll bet there's a bunch of us that can identify with that! My brother and I are honorary members of the "Holster of the Month Club" ... got a barrel full! My 'always carry' is/was a S&W 442 J-frame or SP-101. Had the same problem, but used a Nemesis pocket holster occasionally, although I rather carry crossdraw. Years ago I saw where a guy mounted a belt clip on a Nemesis to carry IWB. I did it and have solved my 'comfortable IWB problem'. It's so comfortable that I sometimes have to check to see if I have it with me.

A few years back, I bought a Kahr PM9 (Ruger didn't have a compact 9), a Nemesis pocket holster for it and a belt clip and made an IWB for it. Never have developed a trust for the Kahr to carry it CCW, so it sat. Recently got a 1911 Officer's model .45 ACP and it fits the Nemesis IWB I made for the Kahr just perfectly. I'm now carrying the 1911 very comfortably and I never thought that would be possible! FWIW.

308longdistance

Blackhawk
writwing said:
One of my CCs is a SW 40 Lemon Squeezer. I usually pocket carry. One reason is the Don Hume IWB holster just doest hold the gun well. It sits high and feels like it is going to fall out.
How do you guys IWB carry.

I use a Don Hume for my SP101 3", but the holster is for a SIG 229.

006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
I have experimented with IWB enuff to state that, for ME, IWB simply is not an comfortable mode of carry. I have come to realize that body build has a great deal to do with how you can, or can not, carry a concealed gun, despite all the gunwriter lies to the contrary.

As to IWB holsters with clips, well, damn them all to hell. Belt loops are far superior, IMNSHO.

Altho I prefer leather holsters, and often recommend Simply Rugged, for IWB the Blade Tech linked to earlier is a good holster and one I would choose over others.

YMMV

mcoe74

Bearcat
I use a DeSantis Tuck-This II for IWB SP101 carry. I find it comfortable and the SP101 fits it well. Did take a little adjustment on my part due to switching from a pistol to revolver for EDC.