Its a Moose!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FastEd

Hunter
RIVERSIDE, OH, Home of the Air Force Museum
Here is an old photo of the only live Moose I ever saw. Taken South Of Yellowstone along the Lewis River by the road to Jackson. There were about 15 of theses beauties grazing in the River. Unconcerned about us spectators.

stevemb

Hunter
And corn.. I've seen moose while on other hunts or backpacking in Ont.,Mont., and Wyo.. Huge varmints ! Saw a young bull kick in the side of a car in Yellowstone. Dad n boy got too close with camera. The moose chased them back to the car and then vented. Had to have been an interesting call to the insurance folks later after undie change.

BearBio

Buckeye
Early one morning about 5 years ago, I got a call from a concerned citizen about some moose that had walked down the river right by my office.

They swam the River (Columbia) and wandered through the Mall, then swam back and went back upriver. Wife took these pics.

Notice that people up here have enough sense to stay back. We know animals are wild.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
I never thought much of moose, ignorance really, until we bought our place in north Idaho ten years ago. Nothing finer than having one or more moose through the yard. Our first sighting, my wife's actually, has her wondering who's horse it was. She had a calve. Immediately our little Cocker Spaniel had the two bee-lining into the woods.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Got those critters here. Don't see 'em around the house but every couple yrs but just a short drive north and they're findable. Have a friend up north and they're everywhere.

paul105

Single-Sixer
Snapped a picture of this little guy while returning from a morning archery elk hunt several years ago. He was just off the road and I took the picture out of the truck window. Ran across him or his brother several times that year. The wolves have had an impact on the moose population in recent years.

hunt2.jpg

BearBio

Buckeye
paul105 said:
Snapped a picture of this little guy while returning from a morning archery elk hunt several years ago. He was just off the road and I took the picture out of the truck window. Ran across him or his brother several times that year. The wolves have had an impact on the moose population in recent years.

hunt2.jpg

Nice Shirras!