is this the holly grail of ruger semiauto pistol? Red eagle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey I said ROUGH GUNS.....NOT LOW NUMBERED ROUGH GUNS........I buy every one of those I see.....if the price is right or close to right......Heck ya know I am a numbers guy more than a condition guy......way harder to find LOW numbers than a Rough gun......then I just send em home with rugerguy for a MAGICAL transformation :D :D :D see ya RR.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey CDRL the one they are talking about had serial number 0603.....that's what I call LOW.......I also bought a really rough one once but again it was serial number 0265......I have also bought many around the same number as your gun but only if they are in GOOD condition........I might buy a rough type 4 in the 9xxx range though :D :D :D please don't think I or we are giving you a hard time as the I gotta have it factor kicks in on the really early numbered stuff for me so sometimes condition goes out the window.....but I won't pay a lot over shooter price.....well at least not anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
CRDLIBERTY,

Don't let the constructive criticism get to you. Hang around on here for a while and you will learn that these guys no their stuff. You will also find that there are shooter grade guns (regardless of their age) and then there are collectable guns (again regardless of their age).

If you have a true collectable gun someone on this forum will jump all over it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes guns are worth more to the beholder than to others, if this is the case with your Red Eagle I would keep it and enjoy it.

Case in point:

I purchased a 4 digit serial number Flattop 44 magnum for a very good price. Should be a fairly desirable collector's piece, but the entire ejector rod assembly was missing, barrel cut down to 4 inches, aftermarket grips, a front site stolen from another gun somewhere and considerable finish wear.
In a nutshell this is a shooter grade gun and one that I plan on keeping and shooting. Thanks to several guys on this forum, my gunsmith has the gun as I type this affixing the proper barrel, sight and ejector rod assembly, but again this gun will still just be a shooter grade gun that I plan on shooting and enjoying for years to come.

Here is my gun from an earlier post. (Scroll down to find my pics)

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... highlight=

Just my 2 cents worth.

wingspar

Bearcat
CRDLIBERTY":3jjmaof3 said:
1950 gun #7726, thinking about selling.

I'd be interested in seeing a photo of the other grip with the medallion. I have one that is serial number 42xx. Even earlier than yours, and made in 1950. My medallion is missing.

Latest posts