Is there any point to buying a Bearcat...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Three50seven

Buckeye
My dad carries his Bearcat whenever he's out stompin' around outdoors. He says it's like carrying a large sheath knife. Great guns, and fun to shoot!

Larry from Bend

Single-Sixer
If you enjoy a challenge -- you might enjoy a BC. It was very difficult for me to get to the point that I could really shoot accurately with my BC. The Single Six was no problem from the start. I ended up widening the front sight on the BC to .12" and filing out the rear notch to make the sight picture more visable and to regulate point of aim with point of impact (when new it shot a foot to the left and high @ 25 yards). I then fired hundreds and hundreds of rounds thru it -- finally shrinking my groups to where I could use the BC and enjoy it. I do carry it around the farm quite a bit -- shot a Coyote (among other things) with it last summer. I'm glad I went to all the trouble of learning to shoot it.

Hobie

Single-Sixer
MalteseFalcn":1dvufgft said:
...if I already own a Single Six?

I enjoy shooting my .22 revolver, and was wondering whether the Bearcat offers a different shooting experience or if it would just be redundant to take both of these to the range together?

I should add that I'd just be using these for plinking, there's no target competition or advanced shooting goin' on here.

Thanks for the opinions! :)
Yeah, it is smaller and different. Good enough reasons to me.

Dale53

Blackhawk
We bought a Ruger BearCat for my brother when he was a small boy. I made him a "Tom Three Persons" holster for it. He still has both and he's past sixty years old.

It is a dandy and quite practical "Trail Gun".

I have moderately large hands and have NO problems handling it.

FWIW
Dale53

Rocdoc

Buckeye
The Bearcats are just pure fun, wish I could have had one as a kid. Have a SS Bearcat on list to get one of these days.

Latest posts