In celebration of Dad's 90th Birthday

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Don Lovel

Hunter
Dad turns 90 today March 23rd. Having spent his 19th birthday in Europe in a halftrack in the 9th armored division, has led a wonderful and important life.
Die hard NRA member, not fooled by the current politics, despises that the rule of law has not been followed by the DOJ and criminals are not only running free but running our country.
Here at Whittington Center clanging iron with his 03 Springfield

crstfr

Bearcat
Happy Birthday to your dad and many thanks for his service. Be fortunate to have him as I lost both my parents in their mid 60's before I was even 40.

contender

Ruger Guru
Shake his hand for us,, and tell him a LOT of us appreciate his service & how he feels about Freedom! May he have many more birthdays!

Armybrat

Buckeye
Happy belated Birthday!

Tell your dad when he was in his halftrack, I was in diapers at Fort Benning. My dad was in a field hospital somewhere in France. God Bless them both.

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
tell him happy birthday and thank him for his service to this country, people like him are the reason we can be on forums and talk about guns today.

rattlegun

Bearcat
Happy 90th to your dad and what a wonderful sunny day to be celebrating with shooting.

cutlassguy1976

Bearcat
That is so cool he still shoots, I just love it when the old boys get after it.
My Dad, Korean vet, passed away at 80 a couple springs ago but his last summer I took him out for one more shooting hoorah. Had my grandson, his great grandson, with me. Propped him up in a chair and helped him hold the guns and let him blast away. Made for some cool pics. He could only stand for a few minutes at a time so I had him stand up and I put a .44 mag Dirty Harry S-W in his hand and said, "Hold this up and aim with one hand and I'll take your pic but whatever you do DON'T pull the trigger till I come back to help you". I think the old boy really wanted to try and shoot it one handed! Ha! It would have looked like a Willey coyote episode, him flying backward at mach 1!

My love for guns and the outdoors came straight from him.

Happy B-day to your Dad, tell him thanks for his military service and enjoy every minute with him.