Impulse Buy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NYC_Shooter

Bearcat
Well, a weekend or two Thanksgiving my older brother and I had plans to go to the range and my younger brother decided to join us at the very last minute. I brought my .250 Savage along for him and planned to pick up some ammo along the way. Long story short, despite trying several places, no one had any. Well, I simply didn't feel right about dragging him all the way out to the range without having a rifle for him so I checked the rack at the last place I tried for ammo and there it was... a Gunsite Scout. I had been wanting to check one out in person for a long time but I had never previously come across one. To be honest, I really didnt understand what all the fuss was about. Once I picked it up, I understood. It really is a handy little rifle and pics don't do it justice. It's very nice looking in person.

Nothing you haven't seen before but here's mine:
4a27946b.jpg

I'm really looking forward to spending some more time at the range with it. I'm also currently debating the pros and cons of using an IER scope or one of the extended mounts that will let you use a standard scope while keeping the irons intact. If you have any thoughts, experiences, or especially pics, please feel free to share!

Either way, this is one fun little rifle!

PS - I would have posted sooner but I didnt have a chance to snap any pics until this weekend.

gunman42782

Hunter
They are indeed a great feeling rifle. That gun just feels right when you pick it up. Congrats!

wunbe

Buckeye
Loks like a sizer i the recoil pad/rear stock jont. or is it an extended resoil pad? Never noticed it before.

wunbe

NYC_Shooter

Bearcat
wunbe said:
Loks like a sizer i the recoil pad/rear stock jont. or is it an extended resoil pad? Never noticed it before.

wunbe

Good eye. Yes, it is a spacer for length of pull adjustments. Comes with three - one on the rifle and two in the box. They are each 1/2".

bai78

Bearcat
Great find....not a bad day when you walk in looking for ammo & get something like a GSR to take to the range!